+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

nah I'm not set on it lol, I'll be too chicken to do black anyways (at least first time around)

Just kinda curious what colorings go good on blondes with fair skin
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Have you considered red? I have fair skin and did red , and it was ok . Just didn't suit me. I have seen other fair skins look good in red though.

I have the same thoughts . If you are a novice go to a pro for coloring. It's too easy to screw up and end up with a horror and have to pay a pro to fix it anyway.

Red hair is especially tricky on blondes. I tried doing it myself once and it looked as if I had tried to tie dye my hair fire engine red.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I was red for a really long time, and it's the color I got the most compliments on. Wyn, you and I sound as though we have very similar complexions, so it's definitely something you might consider.

It's a pain in the ass to maintain, though. Even when I had it professionally done, the color would fade a ton after the first few days, and then the faded remnants would pull through every blonde dye job I'd get afterwards.

Definitely looked striking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    Hey this is really scary...I've been going thorugh the Loreal hair color "tests" etc, because I really wanna try something new & different with my hair (as if a blue strip wasn't weird enough....lol) & then I visit my favorite internet hangout & here is the "hair"-thread waiting for me! lol

But...I'm just as confused now as before I went to their site (must be all the ads popping up trying to brainwash me)

I'd like colorsuggestions from the hair expert! My hair is blonde, my skin is fair although rosey (I'm not PALE persae, I'm Norwegian so I've got fair skin but its slightly blush).

Can I get away with doing something so drastic as to color my hair black? If I do, is there stuff I can put on the roots as my hair grow so I dont have to recolor every few weeks?

(I've never really colored my hair before, this'll be totally new alltogether...I've done highlights though & my blue stripe, but that doesnt count).

What brands can ya recommend? I was looking at the Color Experte from L'oreal, looks neat but pricey .... but I want quality too so I'm not looking for completely cheap stuff.......

Anyways.... I'm looking for suggestions, I'm lost in a sea of hair colors & ideas ...... eek ... lol

Wyn

If you go darker. Never go black. a dark brown on porous blond hair will look black enough!!

Same with red. if you do red, make it two shades lighter than you want, and make them put a toner on it first. Or else the color won`t stay. Try a light blond like in this avatar: Would look the best with fair skin. That is my color, by the way. My hair is to my shoulders.....

If you get any non-professional product, I would reccomend Garnier Nutrisse. It`s the safest permanent hair color. I`ve tried it, and it works great!! Leaves the hair in better condition after, than before with the oil conditioners in it. Good luck and tell me how it goes. I would steer away from dark, in my opinion..................

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Ahhh!! This thread is pure deliciousness (for us girls anyway..)

I have been struggling with new ideas for some time. I have no ide-er what to do with it. Even went to one of those computer generated hair imaging things (to no avail).

Hair: Very fine, very light brown, very straight, verrryyy long (the straggler strands go to the small of my back).

All right, I've had perms, I've put it in rollers (for special occasions), but I'm not sure what to do with it now, and I kind of don't want to get another perm and look "80's". Which is why I've let it go straight.

And I want to keep it long (doesn't have to be as long as it is now, but I want it down my back somewhat), but it needs body! Especially in the back (near the crown).

I'm babbling, but here it is.

Any ideas?
    In a nutshell:
    Really fine hair
    Very straight
    Very light brown
    need body in the crown (back of the head) (and heck, need my hair to look fuller and less "limp")
    Want to keep it long (at least down to the shoulder blades)
    Oval face shape, I don't have a nice big forehead to keep the hair from falling in eyes
    Don't want to spend a lot of time on it (i.e. don't want to sit there and curl it and put rollers in it and mousse it up etc. etc.)

I'm not too sure I want bangs, unless they're really long bangs. I don't have them now, and with my fine hair, they just look limp and stupid.

You might think i`m crazy, but you can layer your hair at the back, crown area, yet leave it long and down your back. Although, you need a good Cosmetologist (Such as me) to do it.

The layered part is in the middle only, then you leave the rest of it, blunt so it`s not layered and too thin all the way down. Does that make any sense? After the middle section is layered, you notch slightly to feather the edges, so it wont look as if someone just chopped it off there, but it`ll blend, if doing it correctly.

Here`s one that`s cute, that`s a little bit shorter. Notice the feathered edges at the bottom. it`s all notched.

**I think a loose spiral perm will give your fine hair more body. Or at the least, when you blowdry flip your head upside down as you dry. (more body)

*John fixed the second image, I think. Nope, it won't work.
    Last edited by John; 11-17-2003 at 07:25 AM.

personally I keep my hair very short.... you see, I have a large head and it makes it look less big that way. As it is, its hard to find hats.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    I'm with Jewelsy...I keep my hair long to weigh it down, when I cut it short, I look like a poodle! It is long and very curly and coarse, I have tried every product on the market. I have a hard time going to a salon, too. Most hairdressers take one look at my hair and either cut 1/2 off or want to hack it to my ears. It's like they are afraid of it! My hair looks kind of like a had a spiral perm done, only it's natural! What do I do with it??

And, just like Jewelsy. You only need to keep your ends trimmed, but anything short or layered. your just defeating the purpose. The purpose is to have the easiest hairstyle that looks the best.

Your hair, like Jewelsy is beautiful. If you shorten it, it could look too full. If you layer it, you constantly have to worry about the ends, frizzing. I really like your hair longer.

Do you two realize how much clients will spend to get their hair to look like yours? Usually 85.00 to over a hundred $. Plus, theirs won`t stay that way.

But we all do that. I have baby fine hair, that I like to keep long. It comes with so many problems, I`d love having your hair.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    The grass is always greener... I just wish my hair was 'softer' looking.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    The grass is always greener... I just wish my hair was 'softer' looking.

Then I would suggest the *Infusiam23, leave in conditioner. It leaves your curly hair much softer, without weighing it down.

+ Reply to Thread