+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Thanks Guys,
    Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    I also heard that if you rinse it quickly with cold water at the very end, it will make your hair shinier (read this back in Seventeen when I was in high school).

I heard this too and do it all the time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hey everyone! I have a hair question now. Yeah me, the hair expert
    So anyway, My son is a little over 3 months old now, and right when he turned 3 months my hair started falling out big time. I knew this was normal, but I am wondering how long it will last?

I've always had hair that was so thick nothing could be done with it. So I am not worried about going bald or anything. I am just wondering how long till I stop cleaning my sink drains every day! My hair brush 3 times a day etc. My bathroom floor is a fright, there is hair all over my apartment, and DANG! My poor husband has to pull long hairs out of dinner every night When will this end?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    My 6 yr old daughter has blonde hair, kind of a golden honey with very pale highlights. She has been swimming a lot these last few weeks at friends' houses. Her pale highlights now have a distinct green tinge! OMG, I was a brown-haired child, so I was unprepared for this.

Is this just going to have to grow out, or will it fade? How do we keep it from getting worse? She stays in and around the pool for hours at a time, so it's not like I can just rinse her hair with fresh water after a quick swim.
    I, along with two sisters, (they are both blonde, not me) used to swim competitively for years. Vinegar, vinegar, vinegar! Smells bad, but cuts the green tint instantly! It's the one thing that worked for them.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Hey everyone! I have a hair question now. Yeah me, the hair expert
    So anyway, My son is a little over 3 months old now, and right when he turned 3 months my hair started falling out big time. I knew this was normal, but I am wondering how long it will last?

I've always had hair that was so thick nothing could be done with it. So I am not worried about going bald or anything. I am just wondering how long till I stop cleaning my sink drains every day! My hair brush 3 times a day etc. My bathroom floor is a fright, there is hair all over my apartment, and DANG! My poor husband has to pull long hairs out of dinner every night When will this end?
    Have you changed shampoo/conditioner recently? I love different flavors/scents of VO5, but it makes my hair like fall out more so I don't use it (except this week I ran out of my conditioner and I have had to use an old bottle I had stashed away ack! smells heavenly but my poor sink). You could be having a reaction to a new product that doesn't sit well with your hair perhaps?

ClosetNerd, it's probably your hormones from the birth. I know my hair started falling out like you a couple of months after I gave birth. It stabilized pretty quickly, maybe in a a couple of weeks. I think for me it stabilized once I got my menstruation back.

Thanks Rose, that's what I was hoping for
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Sweetie, I feel your pain. My hair fell out so bad after my daughter was born, that I asked my doctor about it. It was falling out by the handful for MONTHS. She told me that as long as really thin spots or bald spots didn't appear, that it wasn't anything to worry about. Like Desertrose said, it stabilizes eventually. It sure was freaky while it was going on, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

ClosetNerd, you might want to have your thyroid checked. Hair loss can be a symptom of an underactive thyroid - hypothyroidism.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    ClosetNerd, you might want to have your thyroid checked. Hair loss can be a symptom of an underactive thyroid - hypothyroidism.

I agree veejer, but it could also be an overactive thyroid-hyperthyroidism. I just found this out myself within the last few weeks.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread