+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    My question is this, how do I secure her hair after twisting it back?

Veej, go check out the hair-doodads section of your Target, or a cheap-jewelry place like Claire's. There are a lot of pretty little pins and clips out there that I'm sure would work well to hold her hair back. I know I've seen even bobby pins with little decorations on them. And who knows, she might still think a headband of butterflies is pretty.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    My question is this, how do I secure her hair after twisting it back?
    The girls here used TINY little clear elastic bands - like rubber bands only clear so that you don't see them. Homecoming was last weekend, and there were several hairstyles like what you are describing. Also, I asked my sister in law, the hair stylist, and that is what she recommends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    The girls here used TINY little clear elastic bands - like rubber bands only clear so that you don't see them. Homecoming was last weekend, and there were several hairstyles like what you are describing. Also, I asked my sister in law, the hair stylist, and that is what she recommends.
    That sounds like what she was talking about. Thanks.

Lucy, our drugstore has a fairly large hair do-dads section and I'm heading there with her shortly.

Pom!!!! Thanks for the laugh, that sounds like something her dad would suggest too!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana

I used these also and they are very cheap. I have a whole bag of them I think I paid like $2 for
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I got some of the clear hair bands and practiced on her while we watched Survivor. The twisting wasn't going so great, so then I tried narrow french braids. About 3/4 " wide looked great. I wet down her baby fine hair first.

Is cold water good for your hair?

Hello Gang,
    I was just wondering with taking alot of cold showers lately(Thanks alot Wilma.) is it good for my hair?
    Any advice is appreciated.

Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Okay, this is what my hairdresser told me. I don't know if he's full of it or not. He said that if you take a cold shower after you condition, that it "closes off" the hair follicle and makes it shinier. I guess that's a good thing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

If I remember correctly, it is good to rinse your hair with cold water just before getting out of the shower. This smooths the hair follicles and helps seal the hair against damage. I'm pretty sure you don't have to use cold water the whole way through, just as you are finishing up. If you dry your hair, it is good to have a blow dryer with a cold option. Start drying your hair at a warm temp, but then switch to cold towards the end and your hair should be smoother and shinier. Anyway, that's just what I remember, I'm sorry if some of the details are wrong.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    If I remember correctly, it is good to rinse your hair with cold water just before getting out of the shower. This smooths the hair follicles and helps seal the hair against damage. I'm pretty sure you don't have to use cold water the whole way through, just as you are finishing up.
    I also heard that if you rinse it quickly with cold water at the very end, it will make your hair shinier (read this back in Seventeen when I was in high school).

+ Reply to Thread