+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Right after I read about this woman you saw, Pam, I went and had my hair done. I asked my stylist what she thought, and she said that it sounded like a textbook description of extensions. She said she's been doing hair for 20 years, and while, yes, some people have naturally wonderful hair, she's never ONCE seen real hair that sounded like that. So the rest of us can all feel a little bit better now.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    We were out at an event in Beverly Hills last night. There was a drop dead gorgeous woman (who ended up sitting by my husband ) at our table.

She had long blonde hair, almost to her waist. It had just a bit of wave, and was every bit as thick at the ends as it was up top, and seemingly in perfect condition to the very ends. It was beyond perfect hair. It was like, hair of the godesses. Which made me say, how is that possible? I don't think that happens in nature. The thickness at the ends really made me wonder.

Could these have been extensions?
    St Ives Hair Repair Intensive Conditioner

(Or, yeah, maybe extensions... )

I have a (stupid) question.

I have medium brown hair and want to add some dimension/variation in color so I scheduled a partial foil for next Saturday.

My question is, I don't want blonde added, but rather a couple different shades of brunette. Does that work? How about lowlights? Does that look stupid if it's a partial foil? Like I said, I don't want blonde highlights, just want subtle variations of brown.

DJFan, I have multiple colors in my naturally light brown hair and it works out great (atleast in my mind it does). I have some blonde, and also two different reds blended in. Here's a pic from just after I had my hair done this week so that you can see what the foils do on my with the blonde highlights and reds as lowlights.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks great, libra! Thanks!

My hair is quite a bit darker than yours, but that gives me good ideas.

Green Pool hair!

My 6 yr old daughter has blonde hair, kind of a golden honey with very pale highlights. She has been swimming a lot these last few weeks at friends' houses. Her pale highlights now have a distinct green tinge! OMG, I was a brown-haired child, so I was unprepared for this.

Is this just going to have to grow out, or will it fade? How do we keep it from getting worse? She stays in and around the pool for hours at a time, so it's not like I can just rinse her hair with fresh water after a quick swim.

MalibuPam, if you have a beauty supply store (they may even sell it at Wal-mart nowadays), they sell special shampoos just for getting out "swimmers hair". If you can't find any, or want a cheaper alternative, use a paste from baking soda and regular shampoo. Leave it in her hair for several minutes, then rinse it out. I've heard that lemon juice works, too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

stupid, STUPID stupid humidity! - I guess this actually belongs in the pet peeve thread eh?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

DJFan, add auburn in if you want to change things up a bit, but don't want to go blond. It's a good alternative, if your hair is the colour I am thinking it is.

Help!!! My 16 year old daughter is going to homecoming this Saturday (yes two days from now) and just yesterday told me how she wants to do her hair.

She wants it divided into narrow sections at her face, each section twisted back few inches, secured, then everything curled.

We used to do the twisting back when she was younger and I'd secure them with butterfly clips. It looked so cute, like she had a headband of butterflies. But that was when she was 10, not 16.

My question is this, how do I secure her hair after twisting it back?

+ Reply to Thread