+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Thanks KaiCee, that's one of my favorite soap boxes too. I fought my curly hair throughout the 70's and 80's, then finally figured out the curly hair looked better on me anyway; I'm having to let a bad cut grow out now because the stylist was hell bent to give me a style for straight hair, which I specifically said for her not to do. I'm aware of all the flat irons and stuff they have now, I just don't want to fight that battle anymore! Of course I was asking for it because my hair was waist length, and had only been trimmed for about 12 years. So I went into the salon knowing nothing, except that I'm getting a little too old to look right with hair that long. It's starting to look a little better now; maybe I can find someone who can cut curly hair next time!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I just want to point out that Kelly Rippa's hair (or Jennifer Aniston's / Lisa Kudrow's) probably would not look like the silk was spun so fine without camera filters and lights, constant attention (who in real life brushes their hair out every few minutes? Kelly, Jennifer and Lisa do when they are on camera. Plus they have the big bucks to get professional conditioning treatments all the time...every day if they need to.

Just like their bodies (nearly impossible for the average woman to aspire to) their hair takes far more commitment (timewise) than anyone with a normal life can do. Plus, there we are seeing wigs in many cases. I believe Lisa Kudrow wears wigs or extensions full time when on camera.

(sorry, getting off my soap box now, but I just shudder when I think of all the people that are seriously trying to reach the illusions we see on TV or magazines)
    KaiCee those are all excellent points. If you're trying to get your hair to do something it doesn't want to do you have to make the commitment to spend lots of time on it. I remember the Simple Life 2 episode where the nerdy kid sprayed the fire extinguisher on Nicole's hair and she said it took her 3 hours to fix it. 3 Hours! I spend more time fixing my hair in the mornings than bathing, putting on makeup, or getting dressed. I wash it, blow it dry and straighten it with a flat iron, and that takes about 25 minutes... if I spent 3 hours on my hair I'd have to get up at 2:45 in the morning. No thanks!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

queenb if you are in a larger city you should be able to find a hairstylist that specializes in African American hair - they know how to do curly hair right!

I dont think I spend 3 hours on my hair in a week let alone a day :rolleyes I have more important things to do
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I never thought I'd be venturing into a hairstyling thread seeing as how most of my head is shaved

Anyways, just thought I'd post a comment regarding shampoo and if anyone else has had the same problem.

A few weeks ago I bought the Garnier Fructis 2+1 fortifying shampoo with dandruff control. After the second day, I noticed my eyelids were being burned and were peeling. I had a flashback to my barber telling me that basically store brand dandruff shampoo just burns the top layer of your scalp.

Apparently, Garnier wants to burn the rest of your body as well. So, the cheapskate in me won't buy another brand until this one is gone (I know, wierd huh?) Last week my sister was up for a visit and she picked up the same stuff on her way up. The same thing happened to her eyelids as well. Unlike me, she went out and bought a different brand. Now I'm left with two bottles of this stuff.

Has anyone else had this happen with the Garnier brand? At the rate I'm using this stuff I should be finished with both bottles by FORTcon. I'll be the guy with two eyepatches.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Darlin...send me your address. I'm shipping you some shampoo. Men :rolleyes
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oh MY, Speed. How and yet
    I've used Garnier, but not the dandruff stuff, and had no problems.
    Sounds to me like you need to just break down and buy a new brand. C'mon, you can part with the $5, it's worth it to keep your eyelids.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Darlin...send me your address. I'm shipping you some shampoo. Men :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Sounds to me like you need to just break down and buy a new brand. C'mon, you can part with the $5, it's worth it to keep your eyelids
    You'd think I would. Except, now all I do is make sure nothing drips down past my forehead. I can be stubborn sometimes and I'm not gonna let some shampoo beat me.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Speed Vs Fructis. The ultimate battle. Now I'm rooting for you.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I can see Speedy declaring victory over the shampoo bottle, reaching out blindly to throw it away with rash-scabby hands.
    Good luck with that pyrric victory.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread