+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

FORT Fogey
    I'm with Jewelsy...I keep my hair long to weigh it down, when I cut it short, I look like a poodle! It is long and very curly and coarse, I have tried every product on the market. I have a hard time going to a salon, too. Most hairdressers take one look at my hair and either cut 1/2 off or want to hack it to my ears. It's like they are afraid of it! My hair looks kind of like a had a spiral perm done, only it's natural! What do I do with it??

Quote Originally Posted by Qbone
    what's a good cut for someone who wears hats alot but doesn't what the typical hat hair after having to take the hat off?

Qbone, Shave it off!! ALL SET.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Hi Jilly:

I have long, VERY curly hair (there's a picture of me in the "What do you look like" thread. My problem is that if I don't put any "product" in my hair, it frizzes up. Not just a little frizz either. I have always kept my hair long to weigh it down.

What products and/or cut do you recommend?

I like your hair!! It`s hair; people envy!! And I like the Paul Mitchell, Mousse.
    It smells great.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Jewelsy and Scarlett, I have Curly hair too..I have it in a bob...It doesnt frizz too much. I use a leave in conditioner and either mousse or gel..DOnt towel dry (will frizz it..) or touch after your done styling...My curls are smaller...I wish I had your curls Jewelsy...
    I also dont use alot of shampoo...Mainly use conditioner.
    Check out this book called "Curly Girl" it 10 bucks at Barnes and Nobles...great info...
    ALso the website www.naturallycurly.com is great!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Be proud of your curls!!!!!! Curly hair is fabulous!
    Jilly, I love the Paul Mitchell Mouse!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I like your hair!! It`s hair; people envy!! And I like the Paul Mitchell, Mousse.
    It smells great.
    Thanks Jilly. I have always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. It's just so much work. It's funny -- all of my friends and family know not to touch my hair as they'll ruin the curl. Thanks for the advice, Jilly.

Tallula, watch out for what you wish for!!! If my curls don't "curl", I look like Medusa (no kidding...). Humid weather wreaks havok with my hair.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    Since firegirl brought this up, I thought I would enter her idea.

Anyone have concerns or need advice about your hair?

I`m the Cosmetologist of the house, so I`ll try to answer your questions, or get the answers elsewhere. Hair happens to be about my favorite topic!!
    Ahhh!! This thread is pure deliciousness (for us girls anyway..)

I have been struggling with new ideas for some time. I have no ide-er what to do with it. Even went to one of those computer generated hair imaging things (to no avail).

Hair: Very fine, very light brown, very straight, verrryyy long (the straggler strands go to the small of my back).

All right, I've had perms, I've put it in rollers (for special occasions), but I'm not sure what to do with it now, and I kind of don't want to get another perm and look "80's". Which is why I've let it go straight.

And I want to keep it long (doesn't have to be as long as it is now, but I want it down my back somewhat), but it needs body! Especially in the back (near the crown).

I'm babbling, but here it is.

Any ideas?
    In a nutshell:
    Really fine hair
    Very straight
    Very light brown
    need body in the crown (back of the head) (and heck, need my hair to look fuller and less "limp")
    Want to keep it long (at least down to the shoulder blades)
    Oval face shape, I don't have a nice big forehead to keep the hair from falling in eyes
    Don't want to spend a lot of time on it (i.e. don't want to sit there and curl it and put rollers in it and mousse it up etc. etc.)

I'm not too sure I want bangs, unless they're really long bangs. I don't have them now, and with my fine hair, they just look limp and stupid.

FORT Fogey
    ooh nice idea

Okay so theres a picture of me in the what do you look like thread, but I have Very fine, very thin and VERY straight hair. Its 2 inches longer than my shoulders now. My hair has NO body whatsoever. My face is kind of a long oval shape and I just can't seem to find a haircut that will suit both my face and my hair type. I need a somewhat easy to do hairstyle (like 10 minutes) that will give my hair more body. do you recommend a special shampoo that will give it more body? Also- my hair must be long enough to pull back at least into a half ponytail for sports without the help of a metal hair clip.

Shazzer- I would love to do to one of those computer generated hairstyle thingys- I've always wondered how I'd look with dreadlocks

Blonde going color crazy!!! :D

Hey this is really scary...I've been going thorugh the Loreal hair color "tests" etc, because I really wanna try something new & different with my hair (as if a blue strip wasn't weird enough....lol) & then I visit my favorite internet hangout & here is the "hair"-thread waiting for me! lol

But...I'm just as confused now as before I went to their site (must be all the ads popping up trying to brainwash me)

I'd like colorsuggestions from the hair expert! My hair is blonde, my skin is fair although rosey (I'm not PALE persae, I'm Norwegian so I've got fair skin but its slightly blush).

Can I get away with doing something so drastic as to color my hair black? If I do, is there stuff I can put on the roots as my hair grow so I dont have to recolor every few weeks?

(I've never really colored my hair before, this'll be totally new alltogether...I've done highlights though & my blue stripe, but that doesnt count).

What brands can ya recommend? I was looking at the Color Experte from L'oreal, looks neat but pricey .... but I want quality too so I'm not looking for completely cheap stuff.......

Anyways.... I'm looking for suggestions, I'm lost in a sea of hair colors & ideas ...... eek ... lol

Wyn
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I'm not a hair expert by any means, but Wynd - no way in the world should you do a really drastic coloring like that on your own. From what my stylist has told me, it's a VERY bad idea to try to color your own hair if you're going three or more shades away from your natural color. I really think you should have a professional do it, if you're set on doing it black.

+ Reply to Thread