+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Jilli how do you feel about hair extensions?? What are the process' and which are the best? Do you have some horror stories?
    I have a friend who has had extensions before & she was told that the kind that are sewn in are not as hard on your hair as the ones that are glued in, & they stay in longer as well.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Any hair experts still out there?

I just stopped by beauty supply for a white-hair shampoo. My hair is about 60% white, with a 100% white streak up front. I used a white hair shampoo sometime last year, which was supposed to neutralize the yellows and keep it bright. All was fine. So today I've come home with ARTec Blondes "White Violet" and on closer inspection, I see it is a "color depositing" shampoo. Now I'm afraid I've bought myself more than I had in mind. I just read up on ARTec color depositing shampoos online and apparently they are good for semi-permanent color and adding highlights. That's not what I wanted! I just wanted to keep my whites white. Anybody know what this purple stuff will do to the other 40% of my hair that is medium brown? I can't find any specific information about White Violet.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    I just stopped by beauty supply for a white-hair shampoo. My hair is about 60% white, with a 100% white streak up front. I used a white hair shampoo sometime last year, which was supposed to neutralize the yellows and keep it bright. All was fine. So today I've come home with ARTec Blondes "White Violet" and on closer inspection, I see it is a "color depositing" shampoo. Now I'm afraid I've bought myself more than I had in mind. I just read up on ARTec color depositing shampoos online and apparently they are good for semi-permanent color and adding highlights. That's not what I wanted! I just wanted to keep my whites white. Anybody know what this purple stuff will do to the other 40% of my hair that is medium brown? I can't find any specific information about White Violet.
    I use a generic form of Clairol Shimmer Lights (the purple stuff) that I get from Sally Beauty Supply. I've been using this shampoo for years and I LOVE it. My hair is frosted silver blonde on top and is brown underneath. For me, it doesn't do anything to the hair that is brown. And it really does keep your hair from getting that brassy, gold look. You don't have to use it every day, but I do. Instead of using once or twice a week and leaving on for the three minutes that the directions say to, I just shampoo and rinse normally daily. People compliment me on my hair color all the time, and this shampoo is why.

Wow, didn't realize I felt so passionate about shampoo until I re- read this post.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Anybody know what this purple stuff will do to the other 40% of my hair that is medium brown? I can't find any specific information about White Violet.
    I succumbed to curiosity last night and used it, just a little, and washed it out really fast. It was fine, no noticable difference at all. So, now I'm feeling brave enough to use it the way I'm supposed to, and then follow it with the White Violet moisturizer-conditioner. The shampoo kind of scared me because it isn't just purple colored shampoo. It looks more like shampoo cut with 50% purple ink.

I succumbed to curiosity last night and used it, just a little, and washed it out really fast. It was fine, no noticable difference at all. So, now I'm feeling brave enough to use it the way I'm supposed to, and then follow it with the White Violet moisturizer-conditioner. The shampoo kind of scared me because it isn't just purple colored shampoo. It looks more like shampoo cut with 50% purple ink.

I am very familiar with the Artec shampoos and I don't think you need to worry about the deposit on your brown colour.If you you find it deposits too much violet on your white(it shouldn't)just give it a good scrub with your regular shampoo.I really like the Artec shampoo and often recommend it to my clients.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I use a generic form of Clairol Shimmer Lights (the purple stuff) that I get from Sally Beauty Supply. I've been using this shampoo for years and I LOVE it. My hair is frosted silver blonde on top and is brown underneath. For me, it doesn't do anything to the hair that is brown. And it really does keep your hair from getting that brassy, gold look. You don't have to use it every day, but I do. Instead of using once or twice a week and leaving on for the three minutes that the directions say to, I just shampoo and rinse normally daily. People compliment me on my hair color all the time, and this shampoo is why.

Wow, didn't realize I felt so passionate about shampoo until I re- read this post.
    I am also a big fan of the Clairol Shimmer lights and it is a great alternative to the Artec line and is also costs less.I use it myself and my hair always looks good and feels good as well.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Pam, I've used that white violet stuff before, and it didn't do anything to my regular (darker) hair. It did keep the highlights whiter, though.

Thanks guys, I will use White Violet with confidence now! I love how a person can find answers at the FORT

I have a hair question. I've always had long thick and wavy hair but recently about 2 years ago, I started to relax my hair so that it became straighter which is how I like it and I have relaxed it 3 times in about 2 years and all of a sudden I've noticed that it has become much more weaker and breaks easily and I have so many split ends. I know its because of the relaxing which I don't do anymore but is there any way in which I can repair my damaged hair? Any help would be great! Thanks.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Hi leogirl....I have the same problem as you. Stop relaxing your hair because it's really damaging...but you already know that. First, you need to buy a really good deep conditioner for your hair. I happen to like a products by Kerastase.

Now for the best advice and hair investment I can offer: A Solano straight iron (around $100) It's a professional industrial flat iron that can get your hair straight and shiny in a matter of minutes with minimal damage. Just make sure your hair is dry when you use it...you WON'T regret this purchase. Blow outs are a thing of the past. It's the best thing I have ever bought for my hair and worth every penny. For some product details and reviews you can check it out at epinions.com.
    Last edited by WomynLee; 06-15-2004 at 05:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread