+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    To make a long story short, I damaged my hair by coloring it, stripping it, then coloring it again two days later. I got an inch taken off because the ends were ravaged from it, but the rest of my hair is extremely dry. What are some really good deep conditioners I can use in the shower? Currently, I'm using Aveeda's deep conditioner & it seems to be OK, but I'm wondering if there is something even better out there. Thanks in advance!
    Try the Redken Extreme Deep Fuell treatment and you can also try Redken Anti-
    Snap leave-in treatment.I always recommend that if someone has particularly frapped hair
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

FORT Fogey
    I have always been very old-fashioned when it comes to hair care...but sometimes the old tried and true stuff works the best. It does for me anyway. I am 40 with a full head of hair that grows like a weed. The girls at the shoppe where I get my hair cut always comment on how soft, shiny and healthy it is.

I use good ole green Prell shampoo...whatever conditioner happens to be handy (the wife and daughters each have their own seperate bottles in the shower so whatever is closest to my reach) and as a styling aid I use the old faithful "Brylcreem"...just like my dad and his dad and his dad and his dad before him not to mention Fonzie...thats it. No gels, no mouses, no special expensive shampoos or conditioners...just the old basics.

Why is it that whenever I try a new shampoo, it works well the first few times but then after that it's no good?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Why is it that whenever I try a new shampoo, it works well the first few times but then after that it's no good?
    Sometimes I find if the shampoo is heavy or moisturizing it tends to build up on the hair so every once in a while try using a deep cleansing shampoo to remove said buildup.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Well, she charges about $21 for a cut, and I like her (she's good at cutting, but bad at styling. ) so I tip $5. Thanks for the advice.
    $5 sounds good to me. Be thankful that she is not the reverse; bad at cutting and good at styling. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

When i went to an Indianapolis hair class for Managers. The trainer said the reason a shampoo works for a while then ceases too. Is because it fills up the hair with all the vitamins the hair needs, then builds up on the hair, making it useless and too heavy, as Jules said. (Thanks Jules!!)

So, that`s why every once in a while you need to switch your shampoo to a different one. It`s why a product can be great for a little bit, then seem to stop working.

FORT Fogey
    Jilli how do you feel about hair extensions?? What are the process' and which are the best? Do you have some horror stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    When i went to an Indianapolis hair class for Managers. The trainer said the reason a shampoo works for a while then ceases too. Is because it fills up the hair with all the vitamins the hair needs, then builds up on the hair, making it useless and too heavy, as Jules said. (Thanks Jules!!)

So, that`s why every once in a while you need to switch your shampoo to a different one. It`s why a product can be great for a little bit, then seem to stop working.

That makes sense. Thanks! One other question. Is there a cure for frizz or is it a lifelong battle? I have only a very small section that is frizzy, it's the underside of my bangs. I can straigten it temporarily with a flat iron or blowdryer. Is there any way to make these hairs grow out straight like the rest of my hair? I've been told they probably frizz because they are short and don't have the weight of the rest of my hair, which is pretty long. (I would love to be able to grow my bangs out and be rid of them, but I have kind of a big forehead that I like to hide.) Anything I can do to permanently get rid of the frizz?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Jilli how do you feel about hair extensions?? What are the process' and which are the best? Do you have some horror stories?

Hi There!! Pretty firegirl!!

Sorry, but I`ve had 0 experiences with hair extensions. So, at least fortunately no horror stories either. Maybe Jules knows, because i`m interested in them as well. It would be cool to have really long hair for a special evening out. Or for pictures..

That makes sense. Thanks! One other question. Is there a cure for frizz or is it a lifelong battle? I have only a very small section that is frizzy, it's the underside of my bangs. I can straigten it temporarily with a flat iron or blowdryer. Is there any way to make these hairs grow out straight like the rest of my hair? I've been told they probably frizz because they are short and don't have the weight of the rest of my hair, which is pretty long. (I would love to be able to grow my bangs out and be rid of them, but I have kind of a big forehead that I like to hide.) Anything I can do to permanently get rid of the frizz?

You know, there`s a special texturizing razor technique, i use when I have a client who has a colic or really frizzy hair. I slither or notch the very edges, which allows the hair to lie down flatter or smoother. It works on guys hair that`s over curly too. I`ve gotten so many repeat clientele simply because i seem like a magician, where no-one else has tried it. it`ll be great if our business ever gets slow, then I may still be busy. I always say, with hair, there`s always a special "trick" to make it do what we want it to do. Oftentimes, with a good cut, and not only by product.

~~~Be careful with the stylist if you ask for this technique, especially using the razor. You have to be good to do it, and careful not to slither too much, leaving it too fringed in that area.

~~ As far as product goes: there`s this product called: designing taffy, that helps to lay down dry, curly, or frizzy looking hair. it doesn`t leave the hair sticky, but pliable enough to comb through. GOOD LUCK!!

+ Reply to Thread