+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Holly -- I'd go for it? I mean, you can always grow it out again. That would be fun for you
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Not a question, just a comment...

I had long hair for years, & I cut it chin length about 4 years ago & have kept it that way since. Now I'm in the process of growing it out (just to my shoulders). Of course, my hair is uncooperative & looks terrible right now. I keep seeing cute, short haircuts & debate whether or not to cut it & forget about growing it out. My husband LOVES my short hair & would love it if I cut it again.

Hi Holly!! I definately think you should cut it in a cute shorter length with a bunch of textured layers around your face.

Short hair is a new obsession in Indiana right now. Even tho i myself have long hair.

I don`t think you`d regret it. A new haircut often makes us feel a lot more refreshed and feeling great!!

~~~ And if you guys didn`t know it before, you may have figured it out. I found a new job in the greatest new shop i`ve ever seen. Lots of clientelle, and i`m busy, busy, busy.

When i have another day off. I`ll give out more hair advice. Well..me and my new friend Jules. Stand by hon, we may have some business shortly!! I`ll keep in touch with my free times. Thanks for your support.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Jilly.

Congratulations on the new job.

You've been missed around here
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Jilly.

Congratulations on the new job.

You've been missed around here

Thanks a bunch jewelsy!! I`ve been spending some time today going through older threads, reading.............It`s been fun.

I intend on keeping up with my Fort friends better now.

Now that I`m back in form. Making tons of money!! That`s not even the best part!! Doing what i love and actually going to work with a smile on my face, and enjoying every minute of it. WOO HOO!!!!

It`s great being back "HOME" This site is my newest favorite site. RTVP is too abusive and anal.

Will check in ocassionally, to check out how everyone`s doing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    ~~~ And if you guys didn`t know it before, you may have figured it out. I found a new job in the greatest new shop i`ve ever seen. Lots of clientelle, and i`m busy, busy, busy.
    Jillibean, are you still open for questions?

I'm wondering if you ever come across young women with premature grey hair who wear it well?

I'm 38 years old tomorrow and about 70% white/ 30% brown. I have always refused to dye it on principle. This is me, I'm unique. I got the "whoosh" as my husband calls it, up in my bangs at the left temple when I was 14, just like my paternal grandmother had. Both my grandmothers were 100% white by 40, and I'm well on my way. But every time I get my hair cut, the stylist brings up color. I really don't want to go there. I have very young skin, so I don't need colored hair to look young. I've always considered that I wear it well. Click here to see me posing with the family (I'm the mom) for our Monster House portrait: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mo.../undersea.html

But, every now and then, I'm wondering if people really do see my "uniqueness" as a defect. Then I wonder why I care, if I'm happy. I embrace it--I show everyone that I'm not embarassed or ashamed of it and I have nothing to hide, even here in Malibu, where true to the stereotype, an overwhelming percentage of women really are blonde--and none of them dare to show their gray!

So my question is, do you indeed ever see youngish women with white hair who wear it proud and wear it well, or am I nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    Jillibean, are you still open for questions?

I'm wondering if you ever come across young women with premature grey hair who wear it well?

I'm 38 years old tomorrow and about 70% white/ 30% brown. I have always refused to dye it on principle. This is me, I'm unique. I got the "whoosh" as my husband calls it, up in my bangs at the left temple when I was 14, just like my paternal grandmother had. Both my grandmothers were 100% white by 40, and I'm well on my way. But every time I get my hair cut, the stylist brings up color. I really don't want to go there. I have very young skin, so I don't need colored hair to look young. I've always considered that I wear it well. Click here to see me posing with the family (I'm the mom) for our Monster House portrait: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mo.../undersea.html

But, every now and then, I'm wondering if people really do see my "uniqueness" as a defect. Then I wonder why I care, if I'm happy. I embrace it--I show everyone that I'm not embarassed or ashamed of it and I have nothing to hide, even here in Malibu, where true to the stereotype, an overwhelming percentage of women really are blonde--and none of them dare to show their gray!

So my question is, do you indeed ever see youngish women with white hair who wear it proud and wear it well, or am I nuts?

Pam,

Hi there!!

I`m one of those weird people who absolutely LOVE LOVE white hair!! I`m serious! It`s the most attractive color on women. The brown mixed in has to add some contour to your hair.

The "yellow grey" is a different story. This color to me, looks old and not as attractive. Us blonds and light redheads, (As myself) are almost cursed with our hair color turning to this. That`s why I love white hair. My Grangma was always so-o pretty and put together with her shiny white hair, so It`s got pleasant memories for me.

I`m also curious as to what my friend Jules has to say. She`s the other hair expert. We`re a team.

But in my opinion you don`t need anything but a good haircut. You`re all set and the people who compliment you are telling you the truth. Women don`t say a word if they don`t like something. (usually)

So just rejoice that you`re one of the lucky ones who have pretty hair. Next you`ll probably tell me your hair is thick as well. :rolleyes WHATEVER!!

~~~~ edited to add: I just noticed the web page featuring you Pam, and i was right!! YOU DO HAVE NICE THICK hair!! It doesn`t look very white at all. It does look nice even if it isn`t pure white. But when it is it`ll be pretty that way too. You do look young for your age. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Jillibean; 01-01-2004 at 09:05 PM.

~~~~ edited to add: I just noticed the web page featuring you Pam, and i was right!! YOU DO HAVE NICE THICK hair!! It doesn`t look very white at all. It does look nice even if it isn`t pure white. But when it is it`ll be pretty that way too. You do look young for your age. Thanks for sharing.
    Yes, it is thick, that's what my stylist tells me. Even thicker now, because the crazy white ones come in with a whole new kinky texture that adds a lot of volume. It is really whiter than it looks in the photo. The browns are actually dark brown, but appear light on camera because of the white overlay. Also, it's pure white in a big streak over my left eye, and dark brown at the nape of my neck. It's not your standard head of hair, to be sure. I expect full whiteness within a couple years. in the mean time, I use one of those purple shampoos for brassiness control.

Thanks for such a quick response!

FANfreakin'TASTIC, Jilli! I'm so happy for you! Yay!!! If only I lived closer, I'd have been in your shop sooner. (and btw, I'm bringing your hair advice with me to my consultation on January 6th. )

Anyhow, I'm so happy you're doing what you love in a great place makin' lots of cash! Wonderful! Congrats!

Wishin' you the best!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Malibupam,
    I have done black lowlights in grey hair and it looks awsome!It really cools down the colour and it makes the white look really white.Get a trendy cut and it looks super!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    Malibupam,
    I have done black lowlights in grey hair and it looks awsome!It really cools down the colour and it makes the white look really white.Get a trendy cut and it looks super!

That`s a wonderful idea Jewels!! Keep up the great advice. Soon I`ll have to go to work to do a million`s hair.

+ Reply to Thread