+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Premium Member
    What's the best thing to do for static in your hair?

karna68, you seem to have dark brown hair, have you thought about going blonde? My husbands grandma used to have very dark brown hair when she was young, but when she started to turn grey, she turned herself to a blonde. I always thought she was naturally blonde and I have never seen the grey, blonde disguises it quite well.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    How to prevent hair from falling back to centre parting always ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    karna68, you seem to have dark brown hair, have you thought about going blonde? My husbands grandma used to have very dark brown hair when she was young, but when she started to turn grey, she turned herself to a blonde. I always thought she was naturally blonde and I have never seen the grey, blonde disguises it quite well.
    It's not real dark brown I just think blonde would be too much maintenance. Oh well, thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    How to prevent hair from falling back to centre parting always ?
    ARG it's probably a natural part and there's not much you can do about that unless you comb it the way you want and use hairspray.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Thanks, karna68 ! Are you the male Jillibean ?

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Thanks, karna68 ! Are you the male Jillibean ?
    Um no, I'm a girl.

Jilli and Jules!

I'm digging up this thread because I've made a very, scary, hair appointment on January 6th. It's true I'm not going to change my hair drastically (keeping it long, etc.), I'm still taking some of Jilli's ideas with me!

Okay, so here's the dealio: Found a fantastic hairstylist. She costs a LOT, but I have seen many, many, "heads" walk out of there (friends etc.) with a cute 'do atop them.

So...is it "normal" or even possible to have a pre-appointment appointment? How do you feel about that? I.e. to discuss what her ideas would be for my face shape etc. (she's one of those great peeps like yourself who can just look at you and say, "this is what you need..."). I kind of need to KNOW what I'm getting, settle into it...and then...when I'm more calm...DO it. I've had my current long 'do for over ten years, so I'm a bit giggly and nervous.

Comments, suggestions, complaints? Anyone?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

[QUOTE=Shazzer]Jilli and Jules!

I'm digging up this thread because I've made a very, scary, hair appointment on January 6th. It's true I'm not going to change my hair drastically (keeping it long, etc.), I'm still taking some of Jilli's ideas with me!

Okay, so here's the dealio: Found a fantastic hairstylist. She costs a LOT, but I have seen many, many, "heads" walk out of there (friends etc.) with a cute 'do atop them.

So...is it "normal" or even possible to have a pre-appointment appointment? How do you feel about that? I.e. to discuss what her ideas would be for my face shape etc. (she's one of those great peeps like yourself who can just look at you and say, "this is what you need..."). I kind of need to KNOW what I'm getting, settle into it...and then...when I'm more calm...DO it. I've had my current long 'do for over ten years, so I'm a bit giggly and nervous.

Comments, suggestions, complaints? Anyone?[/QUOTE

Personally,I feel doing a consultation before is the best idea.They're usually free and it helps you get to know yhe stylist.If you can bring some pics with you that is helpful and letting the stylist get an idea of your lifestyle.I also like it if I can see the client's style of clothing and make-up to figure out the direction to go in.Good luck Shazzer!Let us know how it turns out!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Not a question, just a comment...

I had long hair for years, & I cut it chin length about 4 years ago & have kept it that way since. Now I'm in the process of growing it out (just to my shoulders). Of course, my hair is uncooperative & looks terrible right now. I keep seeing cute, short haircuts & debate whether or not to cut it & forget about growing it out. My husband LOVES my short hair & would love it if I cut it again.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread