+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I sure like having your around, Jilly
    I love it over here.
    And I spend too much time over here, due to the beauty business being slow, and having to have special Cosmetology license for work in a facility. So I just lost that job, and I refuse to get insurance. So now i`m poor again, and have tons of free time...............next question:...........

Well, thanks for all the advice, Jillibean. (I hadn't said thanks yet). We're certainly glad you're here (although we would be without the free advice, ya know )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hi Jillibean long time no read haha,I guess we are both like to roam around the web.
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    So, CW, how long`s your hair?
    It's down below my butt. But I keep it in a braid, so it looks a lot shorter than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Whiz
    It's down below my butt. But I keep it in a braid, so it looks a lot shorter than it really is.
    That's a lot of hair.

Just wanted to post a note & say thanks to Jillibean & others who came with EXCELLENT advice, all which I took into consideration before I did anything with my hair!

I went with Garnier Nutrisse like Jilli suggested, and I just loved it! It was easy to apply (my husband helped me!) & my hair seems even softer NOW than before I colored

So thanks!!!! This thread rocks!

Wyn

(PS I went with a really really light blonde, like the blondest blonde they had & it looks good woohoo ) I'm a blonde naturally but this really makes me feel like a California blonde now
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Curly hair, it's the bane of my existence! Thank god one of my best friends is a cosmetologist, she colors me up and she flatirons the hell out it and I look human again.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ooh fun thread! I wanted to chime in on the Loreal Color Expert highlights, don't use it! It's way too tricky. I like the Herbal Essences with the comb, it's much easier. The trick to getting under your hair is to do that first. The stuff is pretty thick so it won't bleed, I love it!

Okay question for Jules or Jill, my picture is in the what do you look like thread, page 72 post #1434 (I looked) . But I have to keep my hair pulled back all the time because I have grey roots thanks to my Mom, I'm only 35! Anyway, I do color it but the minute it grows an eighth of an inch you can see the grey. Any suggestions? I used to have big hair with bangs in the mid 90's but it's so out of style now. Get a lot of compliments though when people see my picture from then. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Last edited by karna68; 12-01-2003 at 01:49 PM.

Sometimes adding hilites to the colour helps to make the hair look a little "busier" so the stripe doesn't look so obvious.Some of my clients use hair mascara or a hair crayon in a similar colour to blend and disguise the grey in between colour appointments.Hope that helps!
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    Sometimes adding hilites to the colour helps to make the hair look a little "busier" so the stripe doesn't look so obvious.Some of my clients use hair mascara or a hair crayon in a similar colour to blend and disguise the grey in between colour appointments.Hope that helps!
    I've heard of those, where would I get something like that? Also, any suggestions on a style? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread