+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I have natural curly below shoulder length hair (it looks like a spiral perm that most women pay big $$ for) and I have found that Abba products work with taming frizz. I use the recoup conditioner, leave in conditioner and Instant recall. It brings out the natural curl. I also let my hair air dry. Once in awhile I use a hair dryer to sped up the drying time, but not often.

I have long hair, about down to my shoulder blades. Could you supply pictures of longer hairstyles? I can never find a good website that offers pictures of current hairstyles, do you know of any? Thanks, I've read all the posts in this thread and like a lot of the other posters, if you were in the area, I would love to come in and have you do my hair!

Jiffybear

I think we would all like to have a makeover on one of those shows
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jiffy Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I wish you had her recipe, as well.

But I keep on seeing those famous stylist brushing color on eyebrows, and I`ve had the bad luck with the kind you get at the supply house. It fades fast too. I wish I knew of a better way. I have some clients who tint their dark hair blond, and want the eyebrows done too. Wish I was more help on this one.........
    Jillibean ,I don't know if this helps,but the esthetician at my salon does the tinting in layers.So.rather than apply the brow tint and just leave it there and hope for the best,she applies,wipes it off,applies,wipes and so on until she achieves the perfect shade.That way you don't walk out with Groucho Marx brows. As for lightening I've done it myself and it is tricky but I have had some success using lightener with a LOW volume h2o2.I'm talking LOW.Up here in Canada it is illegal for me as a stylist to colour brows using hair products so it's something I've only done on myself and friends.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    OK riddle me this.. How do most clients tip? I never know.. what is the appropriate amount and then a great amount? In addition to tipping I send my stylist treats through out the year. A cookie boquet, candles, flowers, wine.. stuff like that.
    I find that the average client tips approx. 15%I have a very generous clientele and I've figured I see about 20%.Sending treats is a lovely thing to do and I know how touched I am when I recieve little gifts from my clients.If you ever move to B.C. ,firegirl,You sound like you would be a dream client.

Jules77, it just cracks me up that someone in the hair and beauty business has an avatar like yours. It's so cute and I mean that. But, hey, I think that hairless doges are cute too. It's just me.

Hey Jules, I live in BC, maybe you can do my hair!! Are you from the island?
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

i have a question...i absolutely cannot stand how my hair does....its fairly long...medium to dark brown...i dont want to wear it short because my ex used to make me keep it short...so my difficulty is in finding a hairstyle suitable for my face...thats still kool....i have a full heart shaped face anything you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    Hey Jules, I live in BC, maybe you can do my hair!! Are you from the island?
    Guess what brenna!I live in Victoria.

+ Reply to Thread