+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Whiz
    I haven't cut my hair for over 10 years. Is this a bad thing? Will it be harmful to my hair, in the long run?

Normally CW, the only reason to trim or cut our hair is to: 1.) Trim off the split ends so our hair looks healthier, and if the split ends aren`t trimmed, you could have more breakage.

2.) different style

3.) ease in styling

** Now, some people, even with longer hair, don`t seem to get many split ends, because they don`t destroy their hair with color or perms, or product. But it`s rare. So, if you don`t get split ends and don`t want to change your style, then there is nothing wrong with not getting it cut.

So, CW, how long`s your hair?

Jillibean, any advise for me or is there no product or technique I can use or do at home?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I have a hair question too. I have wavy hair. When it's wet, one side gets more curl than the other side. I understand that hair grows in one direction so maybe that's part of the problem. I have tried mousse and scrunching without brushing my hair but, the two sides still remain uneven. Is there anything I can do to get the other side to curl more without setting it?

I`ve had clients who`s hair does this. That`s when I do the notching technique the most. On the side that grows up, you have to be thinning those edges, a lot to help it do what you want. Deep, by the roots too, or where it waves. Plus, I have to adjust the length different from the side that grows down, and longer the side that grows up. When it`s dry, I eyeball it to make sure it`s laying evenly. It needs to "look" even, when it`s not.

Kept a lot of clients who have difficult hair to cut. Some of my people i`ve done their hair for 15 years. Mostly the fine hair ones, because I had to become an expert in working with my own baby fine, nothing hair. And to make it look fuller, since I have a skinny face..

so, jilli, not to pester, but since I see you here right now, what are some shorter cuts that grow out nicely??
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Jillibean, any advise for me or is there no product or technique I can use or do at home?

For your hair, i would be using any conditioning Mousse. Again, the Paul Mitchell Mousse, leaves your style so you want to run your fingers through it. Plus, leaves a shine. I Love it.

There is hope for my hair! Thanks Jillibean.

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    so, jilli, not to pester, but since I see you here right now, what are some shorter cuts that grow out nicely??

Hi Brenna!!

My what a posting hog I`ve been at this thread?...............But as for your question, I`ll try doing this in pictures, with some explanation. I love doing this. It takes my mind off of all my troubles of today. So, stand by...

excellent!! and don't worry, we all want to hear from you!!!! hog away!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Wow! I have only ever heard that henna conditions the hair as it colors. My hair could actually use a little roughing up as it is often too soft to do anything to without weighing it down with tons of product.

I have used the semipermanent brow color and it either does not take or fades too fast. The only brow and lash treatment that I ever loved was given to me by an ancient stylist. She used a "special" blend of her own that she has used for 30 years. It was permanent color and now I wish I had gotten her recipe.

I wish you had her recipe, as well.

But I keep on seeing those famous stylist brushing color on eyebrows, and I`ve had the bad luck with the kind you get at the supply house. It fades fast too. I wish I knew of a better way. I have some clients who tint their dark hair blond, and want the eyebrows done too. Wish I was more help on this one.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    ......I love doing this. It takes my mind off of all my troubles of today. So, stand by...
    Aw, have a and a . I hope that you are relaxing and that your day/night is going better.

+ Reply to Thread