+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion trends

Fashion trends

Trends and styles come and go.

Here`s some 2003 colors and trends of the year.

catwalk trends
    spring summer 2003

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Spring and Summer 2003 season saw new fashion†trends of two extremes. Bondage and nu-punk is one of the strongest directions to have come from the runways of London, Paris, Milan and New York. The other extreme was a return to natural femininity with the use of ruffles, frills and straps - sensuous fabric drapery combined with seductive make-up and hairstyles.

catwalk trends
    autumn winter 2003

Autumn Winter 2003 International Trends

The runway shows this season took strong influence from retro sources and the Far East. Paid tribute to the ‘60s with Cardin and Courreges-inspired designs, giving the fashion and beauty trends this season a distinct sense of retro futurism.

~~~ I`ve also noticed that the teens love the jeans that are falling down off of their hips, and of course, the belly shirts. The jeans sometimes, have chains or jewelry belts...

~~~ Tall boots, and mini skirts are in this season, but best to wear the opaque, or textured hose with the ensemble.

Do's and Don'ts for Fall

Short, cropped jackets
    Wear with slim or A-line skirts, not pleats.

Don't stuff a sweater underneath cropped jackets either. Pair it with a lightweight shell.

Say no to pleated pants that can add width. With cropped jackets, stick to flat front pants.

Wide, leather belts
    Don't wear on your waist; wear the new wide belt low slung, on your hips.
    Wide belts work best on minis or dresses

Textured Stockings
    Sexy stockings scream for attention. Wear them when everything else is subtle—try the look with a black suit.

Fall Boots
    "This is the year of the boot!" — Charla Krupp, In Style
    Never wear little bootlets or ankle boots with a mini; save shorter boots for pants.
    If you're wearing jeans, lower western boots are "perfection!"
    When wearing longer skirts with tall boots, don't be afraid to show some skin between skirt and boot. Otherwise, you can look matronly.

Mini Skirts
    "It's been in and out and in out...and it's back again!" — Charla Krupp, In Style
    You don't want to turn heads for all the wrong reasons. If you're flaunting your legs, don't show off other "assets" too!
    Try a turtleneck sweater, so you're covered up on top.
    If your legs are not your favorite feature, go with one of the more flattering lengths for the season.

~~~ I`m probably missing something? Oh yeah, pink is the new black color....

FORT Fogey
    Pink is always in fashion in my closet. And mini skirts because I am so short!

I actually find this interesting.... thanks...

and BTW to FORT....

and on a lighter note... can someone tell me when black becomes the new black?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I don't know about everywhere else, but here the "elf" shoes are VERY popular. The shoes that come to a complete point at the toes. I don't see how girls walk around in these!

I cannot wait until the "sk8ter" style is out. I just want to run up behind a teenager who has his pants down to his knees and pull them down. It drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    I don't know about everywhere else, but here the "elf" shoes are VERY popular. The shoes that come to a complete point at the toes. I don't see how girls walk around in these!

I cannot wait until the "sk8ter" style is out. I just want to run up behind a teenager who has his pants down to his knees and pull them down. It drives me crazy!
    well out here (pacific Northwest), everything is grunge. I can't remember when I saw a 'well dressed' person out here, (my NYC upbringing talking here)....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

When I was in high school everyone dressed in grunge and had their pants baggy and all. But in college everyone is very preppy. Girls wear a lot of skirts and dress shoes, all the jeans are tight. But retro is also coming back into style. There are A LOT of wide rimmed glasses and brown colors and hairstyles and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    Oh yeah, pink is the new black color....
    ....being a fashion novice (or i guess i could be called an "expert" since i'm apparently a walking mannequin for the DON'T list ), i have to ask, does another color become the new pink or does black then become the old pink?

interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Qbone
    ....being a fashion novice (or i guess i could be called an "expert" since i'm apparently a walking mannequin for the DON'T list ), i have to ask, does another color become the new pink or does black then become the old pink?

Always interesting questions Qbone. That`s a weird name, by the way.

But, I guess the phrase pinkbeing the new black, simply means we are wearing pink as the basic color., as we used to wear black with everything, or another year it was:blue with everything. Another year brown, so on...

So, this year; you can wear your pink short skirt with, a white shirt, and matching pink jacket, with your black boots. Match the black boots by adding a black belt, loosely around your waist.

~~ pink earrings. You`d look stunning. ~~~

wow...I think I'll just curl up with my land's end catlog and be happy. I'm also pondering the pink is the new black idea.....oh well, I'll just keep wearing black.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I hate to see people wearing baggy jeans... I like abit of smart casual wear...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast