+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas?

You are a chick after my own heart, Jewelsy! I am also a woman who hates to shop. I shop online too. Most stores have websites nowadays, so you can use your gc's there.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    You are a chick after my own heart, Jewelsy! I am also a woman who hates to shop. I shop online too. Most stores have websites nowadays, so you can use your gc's there.
    That used to be one way to lure a man into my web -- tell him I didn't like to shop .
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I'm going to have to go with Dagwood on this one and say- a new to me car that doesn't need constant repairs.

I would also like to be able to spend all the money I want on Christmas presents without having to worry about being broke in January.

And I would love it if my family could get together for one night and celebrate Christmas without bickering and arguing with one another. I'm really, really tired of being the peacemaker in the family, and if they don't striaghten up, I'm done with all of their crap. (Nah, then I'd be just like them.) SO, I'll just continue to put on the fake smile.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Gift certificates. Nothing but gift certificates. My favorite are for restaurants but I also enjoy gc's for stores (Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, etc) People say that they are impersonal but I love them.
    I like gift certificates but I'm really cheap and I dont like to spend them. I got $90 in Hot Topic gift cards for my birthday and I haven't spent anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    And I would love it if my family could get together for one night and celebrate Christmas without bickering and arguing with one another. I'm really, really tired of being the peacemaker in the family, and if they don't striaghten up, I'm done with all of their crap. (Nah, then I'd be just like them.) SO, I'll just continue to put on the fake smile.
    I know what you mean, glennajo - sometimes the holidays are 100% stress. You could always shame them into behaving by passing out Christmas carol books and making everyone sing together. In my experience the cornier & sappier you get, even the toughest nut will back down for a while. I mean, as long as you got the fake smile going, why not?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It's worked pretty well for the past two years, but I'm not sure they are going to fall for it again. But I promise I'm gonna try my hardest!
    *practicing fake smile as we speak*

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    That used to be one way to lure a man into my web -- tell him I didn't like to shop .
    So, Jewelsy....What's your new method of luring a man into your web?
    By the way...How you doin', darlin'?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    So, Jewelsy....What's your new method of luring a man into your web?
    By the way...How you doin', darlin'?
    Hmmmmm, I actually haven't ''lured' anyone in quite some time, however those were the days

If anything, now I seem to attract lovers of "Damsels in Distress"
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

For my two year old to sleep in her *own* bed for an *entire* night for a change.

I have a second wish to add: I wish for my two year old to always remember pants does not equal diaper.

I get stressed every year trying to think what I want when people ask what they should get. I wish there would be no need to buy so many presents, small handmade gifts would be great, I love to get presents that someone put a little time and love into.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    I want my neighbor to win the Lotto. And move.
    That's funny.

+ Reply to Thread