+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    My wife and I always joke about sending them to a deserted island somewhere. J Lo and Madonna are my first 2 choices.
    *total threadjack warning*

When I first met my husband, he had been through a few bad experiences with women. One of his favorite sayings at the time was,
    "Women. Can't live with them...can't send them to a desert island and blow it up."

Used to crack me up. I knew I had found 'the one'

*you may now return to your regular thread programming*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Psssst...how many people out there with dvd players rarely use them, as is the case with John? I'm just wondering if it's worth my cashola, as I tend to tape more things, i.e. TV etc., than watch movies.

I rarely use mine but I rarely used our VCR either. If it requires finding something, putting it in, and pushing buttons to make it work, it can wait until my husband gets home. I'm far too lazy to go the the trouble.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Psssst...how many people out there with dvd players rarely use them, as is the case with John? I'm just wondering if it's worth my cashola, as I tend to tape more things, i.e. TV etc., than watch movies.
    I use my DVD player all the time, as I have a huge DVD collection. The best part, though, is that you can play CDs in a DVD player, also. They are so inexpensive to buy anymore that we had a VCR player that ate a tape and wasn't working properly, so we bought a combo DVD/VCR player for $149. It's about the same price as trying to get something repaired and then not knowing if it's going to work or not.

I won't get a DVD player until you can record things on them. (yes, I know they're starting to have such technology, but isn't it still rather complicated and expensive?)
    I just got a VCR two or three years ago, so really I'll probably wait till it wears out. Besides, my mother has a dual-deck VCR, so we have lots of copies of movies...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Don't laugh, Finally, I know for a fact you want the same thing

Or perhaps that's why your laughing.

I'd like for my soon-to-be 2 year old to sleep in her own bed period!!

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    I'd like for my soon-to-be 2 year old to sleep in her own bed period!!
    Join the club
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar

we're in the midst of a crucial on going battle where our 14 month old wants to sleep in our bed... Mom says yes (good cop), Dad says no (bad cop)... and gauging from all of your comments probably a good thing to not get her in a bad habit.

back on topic- Grand Theft Auto III / Vice City is out for Xbox... you hearing me Santa?

O/T It's looking like we should start a different thread for co-sleeping!~lol

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    My mom got a DVD player for Christmas once, but the only one who really uses it is my dad (to watch his Lord of the Rings and Startrek DVDs).

But if you could tape Survivor episodes on DVDs, I would spend all day watching it.
    Last edited by SurvivorGirl; 11-26-2003 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I rarely use mine but I rarely used our VCR either. If it requires finding something, putting it in, and pushing buttons to make it work, it can wait until my husband gets home. I'm far too lazy to go the the trouble.
    I'm another DVDless home, bought a 2nd VCR recently so that I'll have a spare when they are completely outdated and I'm sitting on a bundle of videos. Now I'm thinking I'll just stick to those until I actually have to make the move.

Anyhoo!! I was getting over the button pushing and video mess myself and found a great alternative to my VCR use without going to purchase a TiVo. I'm not sure if all cable companies are doing it now, but BrightHouse Networks has a wonderful TiVo-esque feature (I think they are calling it PVR for personal video recorder, either that or DVR for digital...oh heck something like that anyways)....for all of $8 bucks a month I just went and traded in my digital cable box for a new one and I get all the TiVo benefits. Granted it's limited to 50 saved hours of recording, but the ease in recording an entire season of shows for me is well worth it!!

+ Reply to Thread