+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas?

My current Christmas wishes:
    1. To stretch latex from coast to coast.
    2. To eject certain celebrities from the planet via a large medieval catapult
    3. To be suspended in a vat of cherry flavored gelatin indefinitely
    4. Sea monkeys, and lots of 'em

Actually, Stargazer, I think you are my S-twin, because I'm also not a shopper and I love me a good gift certificate! Bring it! *inserts smilie waving hands towards itself*

But Tivo sounds great. More TV! *says Shazzer with two vcrs currently recording mindless entertainment*

I also have to go with Libra too, a good mistletoe man would be muy excellente.

Jewelsy...how could you not be taken? Yer sooo purty!!

Oh and I really, really, really, want a digital camera. Really. A lot. A lot a lot.

ETA: And I don't have a dvd player either...*hangs head in shame*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Awwwww, thanks Shaz
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I haven't used my DVD player in at least 8 months. And I see that Wal-Mart has a Friday-only special on Kodak EasyShare digital cameras this week... Less than $100 for it, which is a dang-diddly-ang good price.

Beautiful John!! A digital camera is one of the only things that I do want .... must call my mother who is willing to brave the crowds and have her go and check it out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    My wife and I always joke about sending them to a deserted island somewhere. J Lo and Madonna are my first 2 choices.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

1. To stretch latex from coast to coast.
    3. To be suspended in a vat of cherry flavored gelatin indefinitely
    4. Sea monkeys, and lots of 'em

Actually, Stargazer, I think you are my S-twin, because I'm also not a shopper and I love me a good gift certificate! Bring it! *inserts smilie waving hands towards itself*
    omg, Shazzer, your whole post had me cracking up
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I haven't used my DVD player in at least 8 months. And I see that Wal-Mart has a Friday-only special on Kodak EasyShare digital cameras this week... Less than $100 for it, which is a dang-diddly-ang good price.
    Ooooo!! *jumps up and down* Thanks for the tip! Do I want to go to the store on Friday? Hmmmm.....I might just have to.

Thanks Stargazer!

And Finallyhere, good choices, although I have some others in mind too, but I don't want to offend any of their fans so I'll refrain from mentioning them! Here's a riddle, some initials...H.S., R.L., H.H..... <--------Okay that was virtually pointless.

Psssst...how many people out there with dvd players rarely use them, as is the case with John? I'm just wondering if it's worth my cashola, as I tend to tape more things, i.e. TV etc., than watch movies.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

My DVD player is great for collecting dust. Although my son's (in his room) gets used regularly. IMO the only thing really usefull is no rewinding.

Would it be wrong for a married woman to want Pierce Brosnan under her tree with a big red bow on...

Oh, did I say that out loud?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

And Finallyhere, good choices, although I have some others in mind too, but I don't want to offend any of their fans so I'll refrain from mentioning them! Here's a riddle, some initials...H.S., R.L., H.H..... <--------Okay that was virtually pointless.

Psssst...how many people out there with dvd players rarely use them, as is the case with John? I'm just wondering if it's worth my cashola, as I tend to tape more things, i.e. TV etc., than watch movies.

Shaz, I have plenty more too. I might need a bigger island.

DVD palyers - If you mostly watch things that you tape from TV stick w/ the VCR. If you watch a lot of movies IMO there is no contest - DVD is much better. Especially if you hook it up with a home theater system, which have come down drastically in price. You can pick up a complete system for about $500 these days.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread