+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Granny,MiMi, Mama, Grandma, Nanny

I called my grandparents on both sides grandma and grandpa. I called my great grandma Gramma Nana.

When I was pregnant my mother insisted on being called grandmother by my daughter. When she first learned how to talk my mom was Mama and my dad was Papa Slurpee (he worked at 7-11 ). Now they are just grandma and grandpa.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Papa Slurpee That is too cute!

I was pretty conventional. I called both sets Grandma and Grandpa.

My daughter calls my father Grandpa (firstname) and his wife Grandma (firstname). She calls my wifes father Grandpa (last name).
    I originally wanted her to call my Dad's wife something other than Grandma since my mother (her grandma) has passed away. I realized, however, that she (my daughter) doesn't know the difference since she was born after my mother passed away and that my fathers wife loves her just the same as if she were her biological grandmother.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I call my mom's mom "Granny." Back when I was all young, it used to be "Old Granny," but not so much anymore. My dad's mom...I call her "Abuela," which is grandmother in Spanish. It's because my dad's side is Puerto Rican.

My husbands grandmother is known as "Ma" to everyone, her husband was simply "Pa" to everyone. I like those names, they are so warm and simple for kids to say.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

We have one of those mixed up, many married parent things happening in my family. To avoid confusion on the part of my daughter everyone got their own name. My dad is Grandpa, his wife is Nana. My mother is Grandma, her husband is Papa. My husband's parents are Baba and Gido (Ukrainian)
    I call my surviving grandparents (paternal) Grandma (Gran) and Grandpa.. my daughter calles them the GiGi's (as GrammarGoddess does) for great-grandparents.

It's anal of me but I thought it was disrespectful to have Grandma So-and-so .. So I just gave them all their own names LOL
    (I'm also the mother that the grandparents are afraid to break certain rules with.. for fear of the Wrath of The Mother)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

All of the kids in my family called my paternal grandfather Granpap. God bless his soul, he was a terrific man. All my Grandma's were just plain old Grandma.

My godson came home from his Dad's house a few weeks ago and told me his grandma made him some cookies. I asked which grandma, Lois or Bev? He said fat Grandma. I told him it's not nice to call people fat, but he insists that's what she told him to call her. Whatever floats her boat.

We always just had Grandma and Grandpa Learn and Grandma and Grandpa Allen. Last name was just parta their names.

We've had a couple of sets of friends with one set being Mimi and Papa.
    A co-worker with Opa and Oma.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

My kids call my husband's parents Dziadzia (Polish for grandfather) and Busia (Polish for Grandmother). My parents they call Grandma and Grandpa. They also have an old baby sitter they call Grandma Chris, when her husband was alive they called him Grandpa Bernie. My Aunt Mary they call GAM (Great Aunt Mary).

We called all of our grandparents growing up Grandma and Grandpa, we just added the initials of the last name. Except for my father's mother, we called her Grandma X because that is how she always signed her cards, with an x for a kiss.

getting that urge again
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I never knew my grandfathers, but I called my one grandmother "nanny".

My niece and nephew call their grandfather "biba" and grandmother " nunny".
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast