+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Young self/Old self

YS: Why?
    YS: What?

YS: Even when it is not raining? No way!
    YS: What are you talking about? Raincoats? gloves?
    OS: Just make sure that there is always a protective barrier between you and the other person when you are being intimate.
    YS: OOOHHH!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I love the ones the younger kids are doing! It is amazing that even 14 year-old self can find things to say to 7 ear-old self

OK... Um...

Older self to youner self:
    Don't start smoking, highschoolers look really stupid and pathetic smoking.
    No isn't such a hard word to say. Learn it. Use it.
    Pick a sport, you can't play them all and you'll wind up quitting every single one.
    Same with an instument.
    Be nice to mom.

Younger self to olderself:
    Why? You look like I turned out OK.

Older self to younger self:
    Damn.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Leo
    Premium Member
    Let me see... 20-year-old (almost) to 16-year-old:

- Clean up your personal life. If you're got someone special, say so, you dopehead - don't leave it hanging in the air.
    - You're going to be a semi-big shot for the paper, but your boss will be an ass. Deal with it, don't try to bother fixing things.
    - Relax. The whole world ain't collapsing. (Not yet, anyway).

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I've actually thought a fair bit about this one. I imagine it would go something like this. This is my 27 year old nowness talking to my senior year 17 year old high school punk self:

Young(er) me: Whoa, where did you get all this stuff?? This is awesome!

Me now: It's called a job. You'll find out soon enough.

YM: But just one thing... dude, you still live at home?!? No wife, no girlfriend, nothing?!?!

Me now: But I got videogames! And a new car! And I can drink booze!

YM: But you're still a loser, man. Almost as bad as I am (was).

Me now: Look kid, your attitude sucks. Lighten up and enjoy life any way you can. Girls aren't going to like you, so just get used to that. Besides, you won't be in this hellhole (high school) forever. Go off to a REAL college (not the local U), and enjoy yourself, and hell, maybe you might even get lucky. Oh, and the whole suicide thing... it's not worth it (I was thinking about commiting suicide in high school... but then what teen doesn't?). Death sucks, and you know you're too much of a wuss when it comes to pain. And sports? Not worth it, so quit now. I know you hate practicing every day anyway (I'm lazy and hate doing anything, but my parents kind of made me do stuff when I was in junior high/high school).

YM:True.... But you just said I'm still going to be a loser in 10 years, with no wife or girlfriend, who still lives at home! So why shouldn't I take myself out of my misery?

Me now: Because you'll be a loser with cool stuff. And you don't have to share it with anyone else.

YM: Oh... yeah... forgot about that part. But what about girls?

Me now: What about them? Trust me, man... they're not worth it. I already told you they'll never be interested in you anyway. Don't waste the effort impressing them. Just shut up and enjoy the stuff... and the booze.

YM: But I don't drink (I was 19 before I started drinking)!

Me now: Oh, you will.... just wait and see.

And so on...
    Last edited by Yellow Apple; 11-18-2003 at 08:54 AM.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    young self to old self "what do you mean "water" when the waitress asks can I get you a drink?"

old self to young self "take more pictures"

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Ooh... I try one

YS: Ooh.. I just wanna go out and have fun.
    YS: That's true... But I want FUN.
    YS: But the weather is good to go out...
    OS: Ooh... The weather is also a good one to laze and sleep your afternoon away.. Hack.. You are a lasy ass and just don't do anything, don't go anywhere, anyway...

30-year-old self to 18-year-old self: If you've got it, flaunt it!

18-year-old self to 30-year-old self: Yes, well, I've already been in jail once this year. (dramatic pause) So, um, you're not doing so badly for yourself.

30-year-old self to 18-year-old self: Thanks, sweetie. Enjoy the next 12 years! You have no reason to be nervous around anyone! Give the little budding professor a leave of absence. Lighten up and go for absolutely everything you want.

Hrmm...Seems like I should take the same advice.

hmm

Old Self to Young Self:
    When you go to that party and play spin the bottle and luckily
    get one of the prettiest girls in the group, don't count the
    kisses outloud like a dork, shut up, go slower and be cool, she is probably
    as scared as you will be.

OS to YS:
    When you get kissed by that other girl at summer camp and she slips you the tongue, shut up and go with it.

OS to YS:
    When you start into that new thing called the Internet and Web after University, remember to use your paper route money to buy stocks in a little
    company called Netscape and Yahoo and Amazon, yes those are the real
    names, then sell them after 3 years so you can pay for your trip to the space
    station like you always wanted.

OS to YS:
    Girls are people too and feel just as insecure as you do sometimes. Don't sell yourself short. The best game is no game, be yourself. Force yourself to
    include the girls in the school dance that are standing at the sides of the gym, you never know what you'll find.

OS to YS:
    When that guy who you think is your friend invites you up to his girlfriend's place to hang out with her sister... don't.

YS to OS:
    Why are you telling me all this, if I don't make the same mistakes as you did, then the you that you are won't exist anymore.

OS to YS:
    Hey smart guy, it's my life too. You don't have to jump off the bridge to know its a bad idea.

OS to YS:
    Do your piano scales even though you hate them. They can give you a better sense of the key so you can do better jazz piano like you always wanted instead of the classical rote pieces.

OS to YS:
    No one is gonna care that you could play Mortal Kombat and Virtua Fighter for
    3 hours on 1 quarter while demolishing the competition in the University Arcade.
    They will care that you finished your degree and make 10,000 more quarters
    per year.

YS to OS:
    Dude, you coulda done anything, why'd you end up with a normal conventional life? You only live once as they say, eh?

OS to YS:
    Because you kept waiting for something to happen, instead of making it happen. This time, don't let life just happen to you, make your opportunities.

19 year old brenna to 13 year old brenna

OS- Well, I could tell you what to avoid, and what to expect so you don't make the same mistakes I did, but I won't. Fact is, I don't really have any serious regrets. (I'm only 19, there's still time for that ) And really, if I told you all these things, all you'd do is make different mistakes that I don't know about. But I'll tell you this. Sometimes life feels like it sucks. Sometimes you will be unhappy, and you'll feel unappreciated and unloved. That's part of life. It's especially part of being a teenager. But life is still worth living, and believe me when I say that plenty of people love you. So don't expect to 'grow up' find that 'special someone' and have no more problems for the rest of your life. Life is what it is, and it will never be perfect. Just do the best that you can, and try and help some other people out along the way.

YS: Alrighty then, it looks like I turn into a big sap. What are you some sort of motivational speaker?

OS: Hey now, I'm just trying to help. And I only get into sappy moods rarely. -Usually after watching a romantic comedy.

YS: Okay, I'm going to get back to my book. Nice chatting with ya.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Princess
    brenna, that was absolutely great! I can't believe you're just 19! It took me well above 30 to come to that kind of understanding you already have. I'm sure you will do wonderful in live having such maturity already .

<--- envious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast