+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Young self/Old self

FORT Fogey
    I love this thread!!!!

Older self to younger self--DO NOT get married at 19! No one knows what the heck they want out of life at 19!

Younger self--but I love him...besides, i'm 19, practically an old maid!

Older self--Trust me, things will get better. Life is not nearly as traumatic as you think it is in retrospect. You do not have to base your self esteem on what some guy thinks of you. Get a grip on reality. And oh yeah, don't be too hard on yourself for not going to college right away--you will figure out what you want to be when you grow up in a few years and you will be ready to take school seriously.

Older self--PS--Even though you get married WAY too young, you will never for one second ever regret those two beautiful babies you are going to have....

Older self--PPS--One more thing, trust me on this--you will not need Algebra in real life (although you will need it in college), your permanent record does not follow you everywhere, and in a few years, no one is going to give a rat's behind what crowd you hung out with in school.....

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Good one Scarlett!

Old self -When anyone ties to talk you into getting married say NO

Young self - Why

Old Self - Just shut up and do it. Also finish, your degree and don't take that job with that company that pays lots . They are pure evil. Oh and when you have the chance to move to the west coast do it. You'll save yourself shovelling a hell of a pile of snow.

Young self - what about the kids?

Old self - crap , never though of that, you'll have to marry one of them. Pick the first or third one, not the second or the fourth.

Oh and don't ever drink southern comfort...

Princess
    This thread is hilarious! And, wow, I would never have guessed that some of you are that young!
    I have to think a sec about my questions... brb.

(Loved yours, Unklescott , sorry that it didn't work out though.)
    (Oh, yes, eny, Southern Comfort is dangerous!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Oh and don't ever drink southern comfort...
    Note to old self, make sure to tell young self that too, along with don't drink anything that comes out of garabage cans that people can set on fire. It may look fun but it is a baaaaad idea. Also tell young self to avoid blind date her older sister fixes her up with and avoid the guy best friend insists is perfect for her. Clearly my relatives and friends have bad taste in men.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

16 Year old Self -- Wow, Your skin cleared up beautifully!!
    24 Year old Self -- Yeah, you should have gone to that dermatologist sooner.

16 Year old Self -- You have boobs!
    24 Year old Self -- Victoria's Secret, baby!!

16 Year old Self -- You didn't turn out half bad.. Maybe I don't need to be so suicidal.
    24 Year old Self -- Yeah, you'll get over that in a few years.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

older self: work on an engineering degree. you can work overseas longer and make great cash.

younger self: what field?

older self: electical or oil related.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Younger self to older self: "If you're my first sex partner, does that mean I'm still a virgin?"

Well I am only 19, but if my 14 year old self could see my 19 year old self she would say......

"Why the heck are your clothes so tight!", or
    "Why did you let your hair grow so long", or
    "What happened to the backstreet boys, who is this eminem and why are you listening to him!", or possibly
    "WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL SINGLE!" thats a good possibility too!

Older self to younger self: Vodka tastes like water after the 5th or 6th shot. That doesn't mean you should start chugging it like a cold 7up on a hot day. You will be very sorry if you do.

Younger self to older: I can't believe you're driving a minivan.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    young to old: "you didn't get married till you were 38? cool!!"

old to young: get an education in electronics, it will help you in later years"
    Last edited by joeguy; 11-15-2003 at 11:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast