+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Young self/Old self

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Crazmom, I am guessing you were probably in HS around the same time as me. I graduated in 84 then college in 88. I am a full on 80's girl.
    Hey firegirl! Were you one of those Seniors that gave my best friend a "swirlie" for Freshman initiation?

CLASS OF '87!

Yep, I was smack dab in the middle of the 80's for my H.S. career.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

FORT Fogey
    10 year old me- So... I see you're still with the same group of friends... And still playing the same sports! Sweet! Laura, why are you so unoutgoing? Whats wrong with you?
    14me- Oh shut up. I could whoop your ass in anything
    10 me- Oh yeah? Well.. I can play handball better than you!"
    14 me-Hate to break it to ya, but handball pretty much fell off the planet when you hit middle school
    10 me- Dammit! Now what am I going to do with my free time?
    14 me- Well, you'll think you're really cool in 6th grade.. OH lemme tell you now, BREAK UP WITH ALEX
    10 me- do I even know an Alex?
    14 me- No, but you will! And in 7th grade, you'll do really well in everything. And in 8th grade you will get closer to some friends and farther from others, but don't let that get you down. And.... don't feel bad when you don't get asked to dance @ the dances
    10 me-Yeah yeah, whatever- I have to go do my homework, I have to read 5 whole pages AND color in a picture.
    14 me :rolleyes

Wow that was FUN! I wish I was older though

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    Hey firegirl! Were you one of those Seniors that gave my best friend a "swirlie" for Freshman initiation?

CLASS OF '87!

Yep, I was smack dab in the middle of the 80's for my H.S. career.

Nope, but we did do something just horrible to the freshman boys. Well kind of horrible. The cheerleaders had to make the school id's for the freshman orientation, take the pic cut it out, laminate it and give it to them... So, we would ask the boys if they wanted their photo profile or w/their eyes closed. And they would pick it was pretty funny.

Dang Firegirl, I love this thread idea, would love to see even more responses as all the above have been hilarious.

I had a tough time thinking of things I'd say to myself in either scenario.

Young self to older self: "Wow are you ever cool!" (just kidding)
    Actually: "Why didn't you drop him sooner? He was such a tool!"
    Me arguing with younger self: "Well YOU'RE the one that picked him."
    Younger self: "Well at least you wised up."

Younger self to older self: "What a cool job!" also: "Get crackin', lazy bones, that novel ain't gonna write itself! Finish it already!! And listen to that editor, they were serious! Hurrry, stay in touch with them!"
    Older self to younger self: "Don't take so much crap from all those petty co-workers you'll have. And talk to that guy on the elevator! He's a keeper! Hurry...catch him!" <-------really wish I could do that one over again whooo elevator man, where are you?

Older self to younger self: "Stop worrying so much about how you look, you're more sizzlin' than you give yourself credit for."
    Younger self to Older self: "You soooo need to go shopping. I know you bought them for work, but do those shirts have to be THAT ugly! Get a haircut!! What an awesome house!"

Ahhh...this could go on and on. Thanks for giving all of us our Schizophrenic workout for the day, Firegirl.

Older self to younger self: "You are so full of s***."
    Younger self to older self: "So are you."
    Older self *sadly*: "I wish I could be you again."
    Younger self: "Why?"
    Last edited by nausicaa; 11-14-2003 at 11:39 AM.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    18 year old me (1972) - You listen to Rush Limbaugh?!?!?!

Idiot.

-Randy

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    18 year old me (1972) - You listen to Rush Limbaugh?!?!?!

Idiot.

-Randy
    my young self would ask me that too! And if I still had those jordache jeans I just had to have!!

30 year old self to 17 year old self: "Nice hair, get a haircut" (I kind of had a "Vanilla Ice" thing going - not good )

30 year old self to 19-20 year old self: "Concentrate, concentrate. School and career choices first, other stuff later."

Older self to younger self: "You won't regret anything you've done, just those things you haven't. So do them!"
    Younger self to older self: "Ditto -start listening to your own damn advice"
    Older self to younger self: "Hey, cut the sass-mouth. Oh yeah, and be careful - don't mouth off to cops."
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

young self- "you are in a robe and PJ's on a Friday night and are ready to go to bed before 9pm? What a total loser."
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Older self to younger self: "When the priest ask do you take this woman......the answer is NO" Then run like hell to the limo and get back to Tennessee as quick as possible!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast