+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

I, too, think you've handled it well, Sher, and that you should now ignore her 12-year-old behavior. Got that list of supplies written up yet?
    When I was new at my previous job, a co-worker told me that the way they did birthdays was, I should give her a dollar and then when my birthday came around she'd buy a card and get everybody to sign it. I told her the card wouldn't mean much if I had to pay for it myself, and that I would hope I could make friends who would WANT to celebrate my birthday. (and I did).
    It just seems to me that this is not really about this woman's birthday, it's about some issue she has with you. Dunno why. I'd say don't feed it. But do let us know what happens today! And if she's gonna ignore those chocolates, take 'em back! It's a sin to waste chocolate.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I, too, think you've handled it well, Sher, and that you should now ignore her 12-year-old behavior. Got that list of supplies written up yet?
    When I was new at my previous job, a co-worker told me that the way they did birthdays was, I should give her a dollar and then when my birthday came around she'd buy a card and get everybody to sign it. I told her the card wouldn't mean much if I had to pay for it myself, and that I would hope I could make friends who would WANT to celebrate my birthday. (and I did)..."
    >>>>>>>>>How weird is that?

"......It just seems to me that this is not really about this woman's birthday, it's about some issue she has with you. Dunno why. I'd say don't feed it. But do let us know what happens today! And if she's gonna ignore those chocolates, take 'em back! It's a sin to waste chocolate.
    Don't let her get on a pseudo power high. She doesn't own you and you don't owe her anything. You did more than your share and she did not appreciate it. Good for you, shame on her.

BTW, when you submit your list, don't forget to add her gratitute and maturity. She might not have it available, but perhaps she can special order some for herself.

OMG... she actually just came into my office with a print job asking if it was mine (it wasn't - so obviously her excuse.) she sincerely thanked me for the card and told me it was very nice.

about friggin time.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Well, its about time. She should have done that last week. Well, actually she shouldn't have been acting like a spoiled little kid at work. It was very unprofessional of her to have a hissy fit. Good for you for the way you handled it

Yea Sher! It looked like she learned a little manners from you. Good job.

Princess
    Great, sher!

How could anyone either not like Sher or treat her badly is beyond me. Sher, I hope she remembers how nice you were with her and not fall into her silly behavior again. Maybe she'll crochet you something for Christmas.

Sher, well, at least she came to her senses. Now, let us hope that she does not bend your ear too much now that she is talking to you again. I know all you want is a less hostile environment and your offic esupplies.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Throw her a surprise party, and say that you didn't give her a card, because you wanted to pretend you didn't remember to make the surprise that much bigger, and then you can say you held the surprise party more than a month after her birthday in case she got suspicious.

FORT Fogey
    nm that, I didn't read the whole thread... glad she's come back from her Hyde side, but in case it makes an appearance again... you can always use the surprise party idea... always a good idea to have a bunch of supplies for a surprise party on hand at all times.

+ Reply to Thread