+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

Although I haven't been contributing to this thread so far, I have read most of it - everyone had great insights and suggestions. So now I find myself very involved in this whole story . You'll have to keep us posted as to any developments Sher! I hope, for your sake, that she gets over it (whatever it is) over the weekend and walks in with a new attitude on Monday. Kudos to you for being the bigger person
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Ditto that Kudo! (Say that ten times quickly and you'll forget any problems)

Sher, I believe she thinks that she can act that way because people walk on egg shells for her. Try a change of pace and see what happens.

Look at it this was Sher, you took the high road and pandered to that dumb immature broad. Now take the weekend off and relax, and if she is still acting like a little pissy idiot next week, comfort yourself with the thought that negitive hostile people tend to die young,
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'll just toss in a couple of ideas. I would suspect that she is most likely going thru "the change". I don't mean to be facetious, it's just the way things go. And did she tell your boss that's why she is mad, or is your boss guessing? I can't suggest what you could or should do - but if it were me, I'd pretend like everything is fine, nothing has changed as tho I hadn't even noticed her behavior. And I'd never ever acknowledge her birthday ever again.

I'm going to answer this thread title rather literally, though I'm sure you don't really care what I would do
    I would give her a birthday card. In it would be written:

"Happy belated 2003 birthday. Just to make sure I cover my ass on this one, happy 2004 birthday, happy 2005 birthday, happy 2006 birthday, happy 2007 birthday (hope you make it this long), etc...

Sincerely,
    Sher."
    Last edited by Zaius; 11-15-2003 at 03:36 AM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

FORT Fogey
    Ok now that we are all on the support Sher's poor little lamb band wagon! Send her a link to this thread and let her see she is messing w/the whole heard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Ok now that we are all on the support Sher's poor little lamb band wagon! Send her a link to this thread and let her see she is messing w/the whole heard!!!

Hang on! A fort tattoo? Put my name on that waiting list!

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    I'll just toss in a couple of ideas. I would suspect that she is most likely going thru "the change". I don't mean to be facetious, it's just the way things go. And did she tell your boss that's why she is mad, or is your boss guessing? I can't suggest what you could or should do - but if it were me, I'd pretend like everything is fine, nothing has changed as tho I hadn't even noticed her behavior. And I'd never ever acknowledge her birthday ever again.
    she could be... but i would think most women have already been through that change by the time they are her age... i mean, she's mid 60s. my gawwwwwd, if i have to have a period till i'm 65, i'm going to freak out!!

re: my boss. he knows i'm nonconfrontational, and i've been telling him how foul she's been to me. and he's awesome... goes up to her really nicely and asks, "charlotte, why are you so angry?" she didn't even look at him and replied, "angry? i'm not angry! i'm my usual chipper self! and nobody cares about me." (all said VERY sarcastically, of course.) he didn't delve further, and came back to the office and told me this bit. the next day, he got to the office before me and apparently that's when she told him that no one acknowledged her birthday and that she had dropped TONS of hints. he responded, "well charlotte, we didn't pick up on any of the hints, but i'm sorry we missed telling you happy birthday." then when i got to work, he told me this went on.

the next day i brought the card and a little box of russell stover's... you know, those 4 piece jobs that i tied to the card. when i told my boss, he said i shouldn't have - that it could possibly feed this kind of behavior from her and that it was overkill... though he understood why i did it. when he saw that it was unopened and shoved under her monitor, he said, "what she is doing is so wrong." i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I'm going to answer this thread title rather literally, though I'm sure you don't really care what I would do
    I would give her a birthday card. In it would be written:

"Happy belated 2003 birthday. Just to make sure I cover my ass on this one, happy 2004 birthday, happy 2005 birthday, happy 2006 birthday, happy 2007 birthday (hope you make it this long), etc...

Sincerely,
    Sher."
    ! yeah, no doubt that would work!

soooooo, tomorrow when i go in to work, i'm going to walk by her desk, say my usually "morning" and continue to my office. now, sadly, i feel like she owes ME and apology. so screw it.

Quote from Sher:
    soooooo, tomorrow when i go in to work, i'm going to walk by her desk, say my usually "morning" and continue to my office. now, sadly, i feel like she owes ME and apology. so screw it.
    ______________________________ ________

Well, I say just pout, slam doors and treat her like crap (and all the other annoying things she did to you) until she finally figures out she owes you an apology! Like she ever would. Then about a month before your birthday, start campaigning...

see, there's the difference. i start a birthday countdown announcement about a month before my birthday, and i remind my boss that my birthday is coming again about a week before so he can decide where he's taking me for lunch.

and my boss' wife has called me every year for the last 3 years that i've worked for him to remind me of his birthday because she knows i've lost my short term memory.

see, this is a failproof way to not have your birthday forgotten. i honestly don't give a rat's ass about the receptionists birthday. i just hate to believe that i could have upset someone so much. i mean, she is alone and doesn't have many friends or a husband or anything. granted, i still don't know how that qualifies me as the expected birthday rememberer for her.

+ Reply to Thread