+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Hey and if nothing works just sick the Duck on her!
    Forget mine! I am all for the Duck!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Great, all I need now is a ticket to Dallas. Anyone ?Anyone?

FORT Fogey
    Ducky if this woman gives sher anymore hassle I will get my bf to fly you there himself!!!

Sher, I can empathize since I hate confrontation too. I had a similar situation once but it was with my boss...I tried the "good morning" and uber-cheerful approach but it just didn't work. Nothing worked until we had a conversation alone...but not about the problem. It was like once we established we could relate superficially and talk about work then we could get past the fact that we had insulted each other a few days earlier. The unspoken context of the conversation was that we weren't going to be buddies, but we could still be friendly even if it was insincere and superficial.

I know that sounds pretty horrible described that way, but the greater goal was being able to get through a work day without climbing on the roof and dropping into the bathroom via skylight.

Hang in there. Confronting her isn't the easiest thing in the world in you're not the confrontational type. In fact, the thing with my boss started because I confronted him about something and since I'm not used to doing it, I totally lost it and cussed him out in front of the whole office. Nice, huh?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hottest person in a room! HottieP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Belated Birthday card all the way. Why? Because as Nancy said, if the most important thing is the peace, then it seems that this emotional woman needs some placating. You aren’t wrong, the card is just a tool. Is it right that you have to have a tool? No. But she sounds like she’s not gonna budge, and if a two dollar card is worth you not feeling “bleh” when you walk towards the office door, then it’s two dollars well spent. So yeah, you’re placating someone who’s acting very childish, but you’re doing this more for you in the end. And besides, most of us spend more time at work than we do with our families and friends, so having that chunk of time filled with feelings of "yuck" and "ugh" is no bueno.

So I say either get the card, or find an elaborate route to the bathroom via the heating ducts.

I think that this one sounds like the best solution for you. You want to avoid conflict, and to try to make her feel (and treat you) better. And like i said, if that does not work, then just act like nothing happened. If it does not work, then she wants a problem, and that is just petty and immature!

HottieP

In as much as your boss says that's the reason, I just feel like there is something more with her.

Go with your gut, but remember this is her problem. Obviously you and your boss are much more considerate than the people she works with directly.

Do what you feel you owe her, but don't allow yourself to feel guilty if she is mad about her birthday. That's just ridiculous.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Let us know how it turns out, Sher....
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

thanks.

i keep going back and forth. after walking by her a couple of more times today, i kinda just want to backhand her.

Been there.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread