+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

Okay, give her a belated birthday card, and inside, write your list of office supplies

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Okay, give her a belated birthday card, and inside, write your list of office supplies
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

john!!

i can't confront her, bookaddict. i am not confrontational... besides, she's so worked up that seriously, she could go off on me. and i've not done anything to deserve it. and her boss is an uberjerk. and she's got no family. and obviously not nearly enough friends since it was of the utmost importance that me, an acquaintance, acknowledge her birthday.

ugh.

one belated birthday card, coming up.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Sher -- do you need me to come kick some butt? I have no problem giving her a little whoop-ass with my cane
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Belated Birthday card all the way. Why? Because as Nancy said, if the most important thing is the peace, then it seems that this emotional woman needs some placating. You aren’t wrong, the card is just a tool. Is it right that you have to have a tool? No. But she sounds like she’s not gonna budge, and if a two dollar card is worth you not feeling “bleh” when you walk towards the office door, then it’s two dollars well spent. So yeah, you’re placating someone who’s acting very childish, but you’re doing this more for you in the end. And besides, most of us spend more time at work than we do with our families and friends, so having that chunk of time filled with feelings of "yuck" and "ugh" is no bueno.

So I say either get the card, or find an elaborate route to the bathroom via the heating ducts.

Just picturing Sher crawling through the ducts, falling on the womans desk!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    ah haaa whewww!!!

Sher, no one likes confrontation and that is probably her problem, sounds like she has a big bark and if she has no one to turn to well then she will probably fold under your being firm but nice and adressing the issue. Confrontation is too harsh a word. More like adresssing the issue. Maybe don't say you have been a little pissy lately whats your problem!! But,more like hey I sense I have hurt your feelings and I am pretty sure it is because I forgot your birthday and I just want to sincerely apologize and try to make it up to you. Set the small treat and card on the desk then slowly back away. Later on just drop an email or note with the list of supplies you need and move on!

Hey and if nothing works just sick the Duck on her!

Sher, I am all for finding her a scotty dog card with a hand knit sweater on the front and a "sincere" sounding belated birthday messaged scrawled inside. I know you have nothing to appologize for, but the stress is not worth it. By the way, did she remember your birthday(before she was invited to go to your birtdhay lunch with you)?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Hm personally I would confront her, since you are not that kind of person Sher I think that the birthday card is a nice touch. I would give it to her personally in her hand (rather than leaving it on her desk) and I would look her straight in the face and say "Name? I wish I'd known it was your birthday, I'd have liked to give you this card on your special day, I'm sorry that I only heard about it yesterday" a nice smile then walk away. The ball is in her court - if she has any manners at all she will come to say thanks.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Tell her you forgot her birthday on purpose. Then explain that with her age you figured that she either forgot herself for wanted to forget how close she is to the grave. The reason you didn't buy a cake and light the candles was because you didn't want to set the sprinkler system off.

LMAO you are soooooooo baaaaaaaaad!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread