+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

awkward - first day for the new girl... and charlotte is really making her uncomfortable. my boss and i walked in at the same time, and charlotte was at her desk with the newbie sitting beside her. we said hello and kind of paused for a moment, waiting for charlotte to introduce us. it became evident that wasn't going to happen, so my boss introduced himself, then i did. her name is carrie. charlotte said, "i would have brought her in to introduce her to you later." yeah, whatever.

about 2 o'clock, i went to the fax room, and noticed carrie sitting at her desk and charlotte was nowhere around. i asked if she was there, and she said no. i said, "so how's it going?" she kinda smiled and i said, "uncomfortable as hell, isn't it?" and she opened up a little. she was trying to be cordial, and said, "charlotte is really nice... she is... but it's obvious that she REALLY doesn't want me here. and she told me that i can't check my email or answer the phone. when i talked to dan (the jerkoff boss) he led me to believe that she would be here just this week (this week ending wednesday) to train me. when i asked her how long she was working, she said through december 15th. so it's going to be like this until december 15th, i guess." i kinda laughed and said, "if you want to check your email or answer the phone, feel free to do so at my desk." she laughed and said, "i understand. i do. i mean, she was fired and here she's having to train her replacement. and that's just weird." i said, "yeah it is. i don't envy you."

and i don't. charlotte is being an uberbiatch to carrie. and like carrie, i understand, but she's taking it out on the wrong person. kinda like she did me, and ALL i DID was forget her stinkin birthday!

p.s. i'm going to like carrie a whole lot better. i can already tell.

p.p.s. she has no idea what a jerk of a boss she's got though. again, i don't envy her that either.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    oh, and btw... her lovely boss is referring to the new hire (who isn't here yet) as "the chick i hired." he's really lovely. :rolleyes
    Good Lord, he sounds like a piece of work. I'm so glad you don't work for him Sher.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

yeah, i would have quit as soon as i saw his true colors... which takes less than a week. the days of me just putting up with crap and being miserable for the sake of having a job are long gone. i'd rather be broke with peace of mind than rich and miserable.

Well, I'm glad Carrie sounds nice, even if she's destined to be made miserable by her boss. Maybe the office will get less tense after Charlotte leaves. (and I'm back to not liking Charlotte, if she's taking all this out on the new girl).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Boy did I miss a lot of drama!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    (and I'm back to not liking Charlotte, if she's taking all this out on the new girl).
    I was thinking the same thing, Lucy. How fickle are FORTers
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread