+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    LOL..I just thought of something....

This is all hypethetical..but it could happen.

Lets say that I was starting at a new job Monday and I knew about the issues in sher's office cause of the foRT.. only to find out that I got HIRED INTO SHER'S OFFICE!!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

yeah, that would be a small world!

and i would be so pumped to know that the new person in the office was surfing fort all day like me.

oh... and... anyone that may be replacing charlotte to work for dan - all i have to say is DON'T DO IT!!!

Wow, Sher! (heavens, I feel so invested in this situation! )
    Well, I just hope they haven't traded the devil you know for the devil you don't, ya know? Hopefully the replacement will be much more professional and less passive-aggressive.
    And I know you're feeling sorry for this Charlotte woman, but isn't it kind of like she did it to herself, in the sense that she was very difficult to get along with? Not a very charitable view, I know, just don't want our Sher feeling too sorry for this mean old woman.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Newbie

Hey Sis...

Listen...this woman, like everyone else, just wants someone to care. Unbeknownst to you, she attached a lot of importance to how you and your boss acted towards her rather than her own boss. Unfair? Of course. But you can't do anything about that. Most likely she has come to consider you a friend (although in reality you are acquaintences). She has come to expect nothing from others and everything from you...hence, the temper.

Bottom line...be up front. Tell her you forgot and apologize. The way she is reacting just tells me that she's trying to inflict on you the same pain she herself is feeling (It's a pretty a normal way of reacting...it simply shows the high regard she felt for the relationship and the hurt that was received at the perceived slight). Don't ignore the situation. Deal with it. That way the ball is in her court. You do the right thing and allow her to deal with her own attitude.

In the end, what she's looking for is someone to care about her.

Love ya!

Clark

ps...put her birthday on your computer calendar for next year!!

FORT Newbie

Hey again...

Guess getting fired solves the problem as well...

Love ya!

clark

Sher, what's the update?

hark! it's clark!!! long time no see! (don't eat all the corners of the butterscotch cookies!!! )

the update... she did indeed lose her job. however, she is still here working. she came in and talked to me for about 15 minutes this morning, giving me the scoop. he let her go on friday, as suspected, and told her he had replaced her... but that he wanted her to stay to train her replacement. ugh! i would NEVER want to do that!! she said she held it together the entire time she was in his office - didn't cry and didn't lose her temper. so that's good. i just told her that the timing was sorry, but that she would find something better. now i hope that's true. on a good note, she did ask me to give her a list of my office supplies so she could stock me up.

oh, and btw... her lovely boss is referring to the new hire (who isn't here yet) as "the chick i hired." he's really lovely. :rolleyes

That is all kinds of wrong.

You NEVER fire someone and then ask them to train the replacement. You'd think if she was such a crappy worker they wouldn't want her passing her bad habits on to someone else.

Her boss sounds really charming. :rolleyes
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

There should be some sort of rule about firing people a month before Christmas too. How sad. (even if she is a crazy lady)
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread