+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do To Fix This Situation?

FORT Fogey
    Be careful Sher it's a trick, she is really an old hag and it's just a lure to get you later!

Glad it has worked out, now get all the supplies you can think of and double up!

Mmm, Firegirl might have a point. Don't accept any apples from her!!!

sher, if i were you, I'd just buy a box of cheap 'thinking of you' cards. Then, whenever crazy woman decides it should be a day in her honor, you can drop a card on her desk. It might cost a couple of dollars on a box of them, but it will save you a headache in the future.

At least she came to her senses this time and acted like she had some manners. Too bad she treated you like crap publically and then made amends privately.:rolleyes

Next time, the 'herd' will take care of her for you
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Visions of those counting sheep roughing up the crone from Sher's office.

yeah, i still can't stand her, but at least i did my part to try and fix things. i have to admit... she's tried to spark conversations a couple of times with me today and i've avoided it. i feel like i deserve and apology though that's so stupid. anyway, i can't stand her, but at least my office supplies will soon be restocked.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    This may be wrong of me, but the the first thing I thought of when I read that was: "I can't believe they forgot my birthday" - Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

What a perfect comparison.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Sher, if the same happens next year, just tell her that you all gave her a surprise birthday party at the office. Also tell her that she drank a lot, took off her top and danced on her desk. Afterwards, she fell on the floor, crawled towards the mailboy and made him a "mailman". That was before she made a confession that shock everyone. If she asks you what she said, just have her guess until all of her dirty little secrets are out.

FORT Fogey
    Eldee! Who knew you had that streak in you!!

joa
    My two cents...

I think several people early on were right on target - especially nlcmp and firegirl (I need to wrap some gifts for someone - and didn't read the whole thread). It's so clear that there's something going on outside of work.

I don't know if you know anything of her personal life - no need to, but you all could have been her only source of celebration on a day where most people down deep want to feel special. I am not anything like her (I hope!), but I am single, no kids, and family lives elsewhere. Many years, if friends are busy with other things, the only celebration of this, which is in mid-winter, takes place at work. (And now I'm freelancing, so I'm really screwed...!)

I wouldn't react the way she did, but I can see how she might be feeling, even through no fault of yours. It sounds from the end of the thread that things have gone well. God bless you and your boss for all the niceties the rest of the year.

Sorry for the long reply, but in my field, we learn quickly that people in the workplace carry lots of baggage, much of it coming from outside the workplace!

+ Reply to Thread