+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ratings for TV

eny
    FORT Fogey

Ratings for TV

Ok I know it says no tv in here , but this kind of different. Our family has been one of those mysterious families that for the past month has given ratings data in for the famous tv ratings company . I'd tell you how it worked, but then I'd have to kill you.
    Our time is up Friday as I guess " sweeps" are over. Thanks to us you will be watching hockey , basketball and football . In addition you will watch quite a bit of reality tv . Friends and CSI got the nod. CNN , CBC newsnet, discovery channels , and the weather channel rounded it out.
    Sorry, they picked us guys, but they asked for it. I'm sure you'll all love Mummy roadshow in primetime.

I think it's a very inexact way to determine what goes on TV after going through it. What do you all think , and how do you think you and your family would fare?

Hmm, if it were this household, then there would be no more sports on tv except the occasional horse or car race. There would be nothing on in the morning and lunchtime but Noggin. The rest of the day would consist entirely of either the History Channel or the Travel Channel. Primetime would be strictly Reality television, Joss Whedon shows, and sci-fi.

You may all throw stick at me now.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Hmmm. All the daytime talk shows, Monster House, a couple of reality shows, and then primarily the CBS primetime lineup. Oh, and lots of football

Sadly, if I were determining it, we'd be watching a whole hell of a lot of ESPN and then all the crap shows on MTV that suck you in because of the train wrecks they supply.
    Who shot who in the what now?

i LOVE monster house. i'm so sad i don't have cable, so i only got to see it when i visited my friend in austin.

at my house... omg, you'd get so many sappy teen based tv shows! one tree hill, everwood, oc and smallville would be must see tv. you'd also get most of the thursday night nbc lineup with friends, scrubs and will & grace. and you'd never be without a big dose of reality tv.

Well if it was up to us, no sports but some NCAA football and hockey and a Red Wings game now and then. Lots of PBS, lots and lots of PBS. Reality shows and the WB (my kids love the shows on the WB) and CSI and Miss Match. That and the TV is on all night long because I'm one of those odd people who need it to sleep, so what ever drivel is on the channel I fell asleep with it on (usually Fox or NBC)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Mine would show channel surfing the news in the morning, same at night. Shows: ER, QE/SG, Joe Average, Rich Girls for now and some more surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    There would be nothing on in the morning and lunchtime but Noggin.
    Uggh! The Noggin channel. If they took ratings @my house Noggin would be on just about all the time. Why did you have to bring that name up SG? I come to work to escape Noggin. Now I have the Maisy Mouse theme song in my head. Thanks a lot .

Other than that there would be a lot of TLC, Discovery, HGTV, DIY, Simpsons reruns, VHI classic. The OC, Las Vegas and whatever the cheesiest RTV show that is currently on is.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I did forget TLC and Discovery channels. Those are scattered sporatically throughout the day and night. Especially the ones where they make over a person or house.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oh yeah, Fox News Channel too.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast