+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help finding someone

Help finding someone

Anyone ever use on of the services on the internet that can help you find anyone? My husband and I have been looking around for a friend of ours that has dropped out of sight for the last 3 years (phone disconnected, no forwarding address, nothing comes up during white page searches) and so we have considered paying someone to find him. Any clue on a good service?

Any one ever use any of them and had a bad experence? I'm just curious.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I've looked into it but have never gone through with it. I hope your friend is ok, though. He just up and disappeared?? Or was it a case of losing touch? I had lost touch with all my high school friends, but was able to find their email information on our high school alumni page.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Pretty much a case of losing touch plus a case of dropping out of sight

He isn't in the city were he used to live and the several other people who know him (that we know) have no clue where he is either.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I've never used any of those sites, but I know I've seen talk shows where they use them and find people
    Good luck.

Can you think of any reason why your friend wouldn't want to be found? I think in todays information age it would be hard to live in such a way that no one could find you, but I assume it is something that can be done
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

www.ussearch.com is the one they use on talk shows all the time. I've never used any, though, so I don't know personally.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Can you think of any reason why your friend wouldn't want to be found? I think in todays information age it would be hard to live in such a way that no one could find you, but I assume it is something that can be done
    Without going into detail, yes I can think of a couple reasons why he wouldn't want to be found because that has happened once before, but usually in the past we or someone we know either hears from him, has heard about him or knows where he is. (even when he was trying to keep quiet about where he was for awhile)

ok, not to sound all stalkery or anything, but i have used one of those search people, where you pay like 30 or 40 bucks and give them the info you have and they find them.

but i had his social security number. how scary am i?

My understanding is that if you're willing to pay for it, you can find anyone.
    Have you checked court records in the state where he lives (or did live)? Many states have those online now, and if you think he's in trouble in some fashion that might be a free place to start.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm assuming you've already "googled" him? I've found people that way. You can also look at the SS Death Records, but I hope you don't find him there.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    ok, not to sound all stalkery or anything, but i have used one of those search people, where you pay like 30 or 40 bucks and give them the info you have and they find them.

but i had his social security number. how scary am i?
    Wow Sher!!

I knew a private investigator before, and I asked him this same question (he's not a P.I. anymore), about finding an old family member, and he said sites like that US Search place do searches that you could likely do on your own. If you wanted something more in depth, you need someone with a license who can go into less public documents and who can weasel information from various connections.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast