+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Water

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Umm... is there really a reason for this thread?
    The same could be asked for a couple other threads around here. I thought toilet water would be an interesting way of starting conversation and as well as let others know the hidden dangers.

Even before you flush you have to worry about the water splashing up at you...

Also, about hotels.. I've worked at 4; all different classes and price ranges. And I definitely agree that you should NEVER sleep underneath or on top of the comforter. I've never worked in the housekeeping department, but I think they are washed once a every few months at most. (Water/detergent saving measure) Unless there is an obvious stain, then it will be washed right away. That's why most hotels have dark colored comforters, to hide the stains.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I worked at a hotel. I've supervised the housekeeping staff. I pull the bed covers down to the white sheets ( I know they are washed daily in hot water detergent and bleach) I won't even touch the top bedspread. I will never ever take a bath in a hotel room. I will never EVER use the icebucket without the little plastic bag- I never use the bag thats in the bucket I always ask for a new bag. On more than one occasion I have checked into a hotel and called housekeeping to come and do the bathroom again... while I watched.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well first of all I have to add in that last week when I went clubbing I got sick in the bathroom stall and sat at the toilet for about thirty mins flushing like 12 times. EWWWWW

Second, I have always heard that if you are drunk and puking in the toilet, it will sober you up to splash the toilet water on your face because it is super cold. I don't care how drunk I am, I will not be trying that!

And thirdly, I have to leave my toilet seat open because my cats drink out of it. I think I need to train them to open and close the lid because now that is just nasty!

I never was a sanitary freak, but after reading that I just might be now :mad:

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    Well first of all I have to add in that last week when I went clubbing I got sick in the bathroom stall and sat at the toilet for about thirty mins flushing like 12 times. EWWWWW

Second, I have always heard that if you are drunk and puking in the toilet, it will sober you up to splash the toilet water on your face because it is super cold. I don't care how drunk I am, I will not be trying that!

And thirdly, I have to leave my toilet seat open because my cats drink out of it. I think I need to train them to open and close the lid because now that is just nasty!

I never was a sanitary freak, but after reading that I just might be now :mad:
    I've never gotten drunk before so I wouldn't know the feeling lol.

I feel sorry for your cats lol. What if the toilet was clogged and it blew in their faces?

Thanks to Duxxy and Terena for the hotel tips. I don't think I'll ever see going on vacation the same way again lol.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I just moved my toothbrush closer to the toilet, I'm building up an immunity

well sitting in a stall in a club for thirty minutes will get anyone sick.... ewww.

seriously, if I am drunk, and I splash toilet water on my face, i will definately be awake.... thinking.... 'did I just splash the water from the toilet on my face' It might even get me to stop drinking.

Those must be awfully big cats. You wouldn't by any chance lend them to sigfreid and roy, do you?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    mmmmm nope the pet thing.. people sneak pets in the rooms and they let them pee on the floor etc.. also think about what could have walked on the floor! Just never, never sleep on or under the main bed spread and I always ask them to come up and change the sheets as soon as i get there!!!

Okay, I worked in hotels for several years and here's my contribution. You are right about not sleeping under the main bed spread but also don't sleep under the blanket. The only thing that hotels change between guests is the sheets. The bedspreads and blankets are only washed about once a month (if that).

Oh, and my first job was at an interstate gas station. I had to clean the bathrooms. nuff said
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wow, there's a lot of ex-hotel people on here. Hi everyone! We should start a former hotel employee thread there are so many.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Wow, there's a lot of ex-hotel people on here. Hi everyone! We should start a former hotel employee thread there are so many.
    Good idea. Hotels are either cheap and hold back on cleaning or can't afford letting the guests stay disease free.

My friend today had jokingly told me he had caught AIDS by standing on the toilet in the men's restroom stall.

Some gas stations I've been down in San Jose, CA for the summer were plain nasty. There would be dark spots all over the seats and water smelling of more than I'd like to have known.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast