+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Toilet Water

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    It is true, I saw an experiment once where they colored the water or put some sort of chemical in it then flushed just one time and then put one of those CSI light finding liquid thingies on the brand new tooth brush and wham dots of the chemical. They also aimed the light at the toilet when they flushed it and it showed the particles spraying all over into the air.. just ewwwwwww.. so my solution is to keep my toothbrush in a drawer/cabinet and to have the toilet in it's own little room in the bathroom where the door can be shut!!
    Thank you for sharing that very informative post. Evidence that toilet water is bad for you is always good.

Ugh. What's even worse is when you puke directly into the toilet and flush right afterwards while your face is still inside the bowl. I've done that more than 6 times in my life by now.

Eldee - on vacation I keep my toothbrush next to the bed I sleep on. Yay us!

A few years ago 20/20 on ABC did a story on water found at the dentist. Most of the time the water they use to rinse out your mouth is the backwash from the patient before you. Sometimes the water contains as much bacteria as toilet water over time.
    Last edited by Rab; 11-13-2003 at 12:41 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I remember once (figuratively) in my wild college days throwing up at a boyfriends house and then having to throw up again because I realized I was throwing up in a guys toilet.. oh the vicious cycle it started!

I remember once (figuratively) in my wild college days throwing up at a boyfriends house and then having to throw up again because I realized I was throwing up in a guys toilet.. oh the vicious cycle it started!

I wouldn't have gotten close to my husband's toilet when I met him in college! I would have yacked too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Ewwwwwww to this thread! I knew there was a reason I always closed the lid before I flushed, now I can tell my psychologist roommate that it's not just OCD!!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I wouldn't have gotten close to my husband's toilet when I met him in college! I would have yacked too.
    That's why I have have a fear of using public restrooms. You never know what happened earlier in the day. Someone might have missed the bowl completely and crapped on the seat (and believe me I've seen it happen more than once). Fear the men's restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    That's why I have have a fear of using public restrooms. You never know what happened earlier in the day. Someone might have missed the bowl completely and crapped on the seat (and believe me I've seen it happen more than once). Fear the men's restroom.
    true.... men are (for lack of a better word) pigs.

you should see the ferry toilets....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Yep .. and imagine whats crawling all over your toothbrush.. You could almost feel like a reality contestant whom someone plotted revenge against
    This could explain why my toothbrush has a distinct odor lol. Time for me to get a new toothbrush.

FORT Fogey
    Passing out new tooth brushes all around!!! Anyone ever see that Seinfeld episode when he dropped the girls tooth brush in the toilet then wouldn't kiss her?? Hysterical

Rab
    Passing out new tooth brushes all around!!! Anyone ever see that Seinfeld episode when he dropped the girls tooth brush in the toilet then wouldn't kiss her?? Hysterical
    Give me a new toothbrush! and yes. That was one of my favorite episodes, next the one where everyone's at a wedding ceremony and time goes backwards.

Senrik - yeah the ferry restrooms are awful. Been there and hopefully not again.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Ewwwwwww to this thread! I knew there was a reason I always closed the lid before I flushed, now I can tell my psychologist roommate that it's not just OCD!!
    Ok one friend of mine claimed I had OCD 2 years ago b/c he saw me running to the restroom between classes and washing my hands vigorously for a week. I'm not sure what was wrong with me but I researched OCD later on for a biology project. It was a messed up year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast