+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mattress Question...

I ramble...

Mattress Question...

I've only ever bought one set of mattresses, and that waws about 7 yrs ago. My husband and I aren't sleeping well anymore, and we've turned and flipped the poor thing to death, so I think we're going to have to break down and buy new. With Christmas and everything else, we don't have a lot of money, and I was wondering if anyone knew, do you have to buy box springs when you buy the top mattress? Is it a big deal to buy them separate? Thanks!

Signed,
    Mattress Challenged and Sleepless Jecka : )

They usually give you a hard time about it (the salespeople) but you can buy them separately.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

having just bought a new one about two months ago.... the box springs come with the mattress. Thats what holds it together on the bed frame. Now the frame has to be bought separate though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Not that I'm a mattress expert, I just happened to buy one about two years ago sans box springs
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    They usually give you a hard time about it (the salespeople) but you can buy them separately.
    Yeah, they make more commission if you buy both pieces. If you don't need the box spring, don't let them bully you into buying both.

If you're anal about both pieces matching you're probably gonna have to buy both unless you happen upon a mattress that coincidentally matches your box spring.

Princess
    Yup,if you don't care about them having matching pattern (and why would you since you put sheets on them anyway!), you can buy them separately. As for what to buy... well, check out what's on sale, and check them out for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Yup,if you don't care about them having matching pattern (and why would you since you put sheets on them anyway!), you can buy them separately.
    Hmmmm...I'm anal. I like my pieces to match. It's all tied up in my childhood of hand-me-downs and second-hand furniture I guess!

Princess
    OK, GG, if you've got the $$$, I guess you can afford to be anal .

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    OK, GG, if you've got the $$$, I guess you can afford to be anal .
    Heh heh...it's all about priorities, Modesty! I couldn't give a rat's a** if my sheets match my pillowcases!

I gave up sleeping on mattresses years ago. Matress are so 20th century! I am mattress-free and lovin' every minute of it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast