+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Other Boards

The very first flame war I ever saw - and I'm embarassed to say took part in - was years ago on alt.fan.tv.sttng. Sttng=Star Trek: The Next Generation. The flame war was whether the characters, ships, technology, etc. on Star Trek would beat those from Star Wars in a fight. See the idea is that on Star Trek they have phasers, photon torpedoes, what have you whereas on Star Wars they are using lasers. On the other hand, they have the Force, and it happened "a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" and maybe their technology would be way more advanced by the time Star Trek rolls around.

It just gives me perspective on flame wars: in my mind they are all as stupid & pointless as that one.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Really, hepcat, you don't say *coughgeekcough*

Just kidding, but telling us about your Trekkieness willingly? It was begging to be said...

Can those losers on Star Trek hit a womprat at 300 yards?

Ok, the last two posts are *begging* for my input, but I only reveal my inner geek to a select few. I shall walk away.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Reply not, young Jedi, for the farce is with you.

Or something like that. I'm really not a trekkie or a Star Warsian or whatever they call themselves.

Hey, hepcat! I totally remember that argument! It spilled over into rec.arts.starwars or something like that. How funny!

As mentioned somewhere in the Movies forum, I got pretty wildly flamed for posting my theory about the movie "Se7en" in rec.arts.movies some time ago. Never could understand the violence of their reaction.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    they try to destroy what they cannot understand, Paulie. It's sad, really . . .

BTW, I love your Se7en theory.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I wondered if someone else would recognize that tidbit!

Gosh, maybe it was rec.arts. etc. It's been like 13 years? Yeah, there were some virulent flamers out there. Just picture Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons, then multiply.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I tried to make a name for each one that had a theme of where they were .I can't remember the one I used in Africa.
    me too joeguy . I was shabbathehut for Africa. I got tired of changing it once I realized this Survivor thing was gonna last.

I was actually thinking about my progression into FORT-dom the other day. I started off at the "original" sucks board when it was at planet sucks, then the survivor portion moved over to where the current sucks board is....from there I migrated to a board that I'd heard about during Combat Missions (cause it seems there was a lot of hoopla going on at sucks at the time and I'd seen a link to a "friendlier" place and followed it). Now granted, all that time I was the lurker, never posted a darned thing till the very last board in that line. From the last board I "met" Sher and she told me about FORT starting up and I decided to check it out and ended up moving in here.

Every now and then I still go by the other boards just to look about, they don't feel like home anymore, but it's still sorta fun to check in.

What a long strange trip it's been, libra.

+ Reply to Thread