+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Other Boards

I was a message board virgin when I found the FoRT. And I've been faithful ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    I was a message board virgin when I found the FoRT. And I've been faithful ever since.
    honestly, there are much worse places than FORT.
    newbies on Slashdot are often surprised. all the trolls, spewing out god knows what, everywhere, all the time. most people just put their filters on at 2 and leave it at that, over there.

As much as I have had issues here at times, I do appreciate how things are done, and the fact that people here tend to not be so.... snippy? (not the right word, but so what) as other forums of varied sorts out there.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I've been with www.thunderpuck.net for like three years now.. good bunch of people.. sometimes it feels like a poor man's SA.. but it's a lot of fun there :p

The only other forums I'm actually a part of are support forums. Support for the server farm I use, support for the forum software we use, etc. I'm fairly active in them, but it's boring stuff like upgrading to new versions, bug reports, and that kind of stuff.

I used to be a part of several Yahoo Groups, but when they merged with the other Yahoo service, I dumped them.

Hug me!
    I used to post at Forum 4 Fans. I think they are still around.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

i post at rtvp and on the cbsportsline forums (mostly college football and basketball), but it's tough being in the west as most sports forums are heavily east coast teams biased...ya get ran over quickly trying to support/defend a Pac-10 team

I have been on several message boards. I was not impressed with any and they failed to capture my attention for more than a week. Sher went on and on about this site that had all of these great people. She gave me the link and I lost it and did not think much about it. She kept bringing it up and finally I wondered over to FORT and signed up to see what the fuss was about. I have been here ever since. I have looked around at other boards, but none are as great. So, this is home.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Princess
    I post at several other boards. All of them are really nice and each have a different flavour, so that I can choose the one(s) that suite the mood I'm in the best.

I love FoRT. I have to participate in my local Mom's club yahoo group, and I wish it were run half as well as FoRT. The flame wars on that group are insane - plus, we meet each other in the flesh so it's really awkward. Most of us are afraid to post so that the next bake sale we don't buy an arsenic cookie.

Give me more of FORT any day!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Princess
    Sounds awful, hepcat! Arsenic, huh...

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    I was a message board virgin when I found the FoRT
    Me too, sheela - I looked around a little bit first and decided that this was a "safe" place to start at. These days I'm braver . Though I avoid the inane flaming war sites, it gets so boring.
    Last edited by Modesty; 11-14-2003 at 04:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread