+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Other Boards

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    still no, rf205 i can honestly say i've only heard rumors of this survivor sucks, but have never been to that board.
    Being a former semi-Suckster, I'd say that there are some very insightful forums there, such as Mess Hall Tribal Council, but other than that there isn't much else worth seeing.

Then I became a member of one of Sucks' splinterboards. I had the oppurtunity to be a mod, but then I started to feel that the splinterboard was starting to fall apart (decline in the traffic, one of the admins left, and so on), so I didn't.

Sucks is very good at what it does, which is provide spoiler information on Survivor. But outside of that specialty, it's pretty rough around the edges.

But as we've seen time and again, every site is different, and caters to a different group of people. I'm sure some people LOVE Sucks, and who am I to tell them they're wrong?

exxxxxxxactly!

i would probably have ventured to sucks if i had been more of a survivor fan early on. now i just watch because of the odd attachment i've formed to jiffy.

This is the only real place I come to cuz the peole are great! John makes it feel like home along with the other mods notably Eny and Ducky! Not to mention the fellow FORTers are awesome!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I stumbled onto to this site...I lurked for a while...Finally ventured enough courage to join...SO GlAD I DID!! The posters here are intelligent, witty, sweet...I have fun when im logged on...
    The only other messageboard i am on is a BostonTerrier Message Board, since thats the kind of dogs I have.
    Kudos to John for having such a well-run and well-structured board! Kudos to all the writers and mods...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    so people here are not the first to think you were a girl?
    Exactly. ;P

Eny - I never really posted crap over there but it was almost everyone else that made Sucks suck lol. But I agree with john that they have excellent spoilers.

I started off at Sucks, found my way to the other place, then migrated over here with the original FORTers. I still go back and visit Sucks now and then and even very occasionally post there. But I spend most of my on-line message board time here...as my post count would probably suggest.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I am frome two boards. I use to have a favorite and then changed my mind, and then changed it again, and now its changed again. I still make sure to go to them both, but its so hard because I always end up spending more time on one or another. If they could only merge into one I would be in heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    I am frome two boards. I use to have a favorite and then changed my mind, and then changed it again, and now its changed again. I still make sure to go to them both, but its so hard because I always end up spending more time on one or another. If they could only merge into one I would be in heaven!
    Different people have different styles. I'm the first to state that the mods are rather strict here. But whats the alternative. Something like slashdot, where everything is moderated, and nothing is deleted?

as I used to say in the LCS forum "Te gustibus non est disputendum."

You cannot dispute a person's tastes.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I use to hang out in the "Sucks" board. I lurked there during S2 and posted in the flowing two Survivors. Limeinthecoconut was one of the names I used. I tried to make a name for each one that had a theme of where they were t. can't remember the one I used in Africa. but the Sucks site started to go downhill and my bro told me of this place. I like it here and try to inject some humor whenever I can. tough crowd at times though

+ Reply to Thread