+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Other Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I was a mod for Magi-Forums and Outkasts back then. It sucked when a bunch of kids would PM me and ask me out on a date. Lol! I don't think they knew I was a guy.
    so people here are not the first to think you were a girl?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I was a mod for Magi-Forums and Outkasts back then. It sucked when a bunch of kids would PM me and ask me out on a date. Lol! I don't think they knew I was a guy.

For some odd reason, i always assume every poster is a guy until shown otherwise (unless they have an incredibly girly name like Miss Pink or something)
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

eny
    FORT Fogey
    If you survived Sucks you can survive anything Rab , and all you other ex - sucksters. My first board was Sucks I was one of the originals there too .

We kind of set this place up to be like an anti- sucks . Kick the morons out who just post crap and keep the ones that post things that are fun, interesting and informative. Until recently we had kicked very few out. we could count the number in a year on our pudgy little fingers.
    99 % of folks just got here , settled in (with some cheese) and whiled away the hours. Sometimes too many .
    Other than here , I don't really go anywhere other than a few sports related sites to b*tch about one thing or another about the teams.

I ramble...
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    For some odd reason, i always assume every poster is a guy until shown otherwise (unless they have an incredibly girly name like Miss Pink or something)
    LOL! I'm the opposite, I naturally assume everyone's a girl. Probably because 95% of the people at the board I came from (not the planet one, never heard of that one until I saw it here) are women, or at least the active posters are. When I got here and looked around I had to say to myself "Wow, there are real life GUYS here. Imagine!" I'm such a dork!

I came here because I needed a change. Thanks for making it a great place to all who were here before me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jecka
    LOL! I'm the opposite, I naturally assume everyone's a girl. Probably because 95% of the people at the board I came from (not the planet one, never heard of that one until I saw it here) are women, or at least the active posters are. When I got here and looked around I had to say to myself "Wow, there are real life GUYS here. Imagine!" I'm such a dork!

I came here because I needed a change. Thanks for making it a great place to all who were here before me!
    I always base it on how they speak. most of the time you can get clues as to the gender of a person, based on the way a person speaks.

but thats just me.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    nope, not rtvp. we had never heard of rtvp until that article was printed.
    it's survivor sucks , huh ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

still no, rf205 i can honestly say i've only heard rumors of this survivor sucks, but have never been to that board.

I used to post at a Survivor Board called The Alliance. Really nice people there, but not very many and every time I would try to start a new conversation in the "cafe" no one would respond. I switched to the FORT because there was more going on. They were really lovely people though.

I sneak onto Sucks once in a while and see what the animals are doing - never post though.

I also check out a Las Vegas Board because I'm a Vegas-holic, and I used to go to the "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" board because Hedwig is a friend from high school.

I only started using message boards with Big Brother 1. At that time I was going to www.reality411.com... they had issues so I moved on, then I found out that one of the other members from that board that I really liked had a board of her own.
    www.galacticcowgirl.com Her site is run very much like this one. We have alot of traffic, a core group of posters (but everyone is welcome) and she makes the most kick ass cartoons poking fun at Big Brother, Survivor and other reality shows. All of the characters are drawn like South Park and she had a mention in TV Guide.
    I have never heard of rtpv, I doubt very much that I will check it out.
    I also chat at www.cyao.com chat your ass off - its a splinter group from a Howard Stern site - not for the feint of heart but perfect for the dillholes who have been banned from here lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Galactic Cowgirl definitely does some cool cartoons.

+ Reply to Thread