+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Day

Veterans Day

With Tuesday Nov. 11th being Veterans Day here in the states, I would like to thank all of our veterans here at The FoRT for the time they spent serving our country. I personally did not have to serve in the military, but for all of you who did THANK YOU!
    Please do not turn this into a political debate over the rights/wrongs of U.S.foreign policy, etc., but just as a means of thanking those who served and returned and to remember those who didn't.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Great idea Unk.

A heart-felt thanks to all that are serving or have served our great nation to keep us all safe.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thank you for starting this thread Unklescott and thank you to our veterans.

To learn more about Veterans Day check out:

http://www.appc1.va.gov/vetsday/

Similiar day in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    With Tuesday Nov. 11th being Veterans Day here in the states
    November 11 is called Remembrance Day in Canada (and Great Britian), when we too remember our veterans.

Each year, "on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month", the Prime Minister would hold a special ceremony on Parliament Hill, to pay tribute to our war deads.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    November 11 is called Remembrance Day in Canada (and Great Britian), when we too remember our veterans.
    I wasn't aware of that. To our friends from the north and all of our veterans,THANK YOU!

FORT Fogey
    We had a sub today in art class whose entire family were in the army. Luckily, his grandfather got out just a week before WW2 and his father got out right before Vietnam. He was a chief and read us the story of somebody who had recieved the Congressional Medal of Honorin WW2. He held off a ton of German troops by himself while he directed his artilery. It was an awesome story-I wish I could remember his name. It was odd to actually hear something about this holiday in school- somehow, Veterans day is always regarded as just a 3 day weekend in most schools, and the meaning behind it is lost.

soooooooo many thanks to all of the veterans-You guys are awesome. I can't even begin to express my gratitude.

FORT Fogey
    Do we have any Veteran members? Stand up and be recognized, we are thankful and proud.

Thanks to all veterans here at the FoRT!

Thank you to all of the veterans we may have here at FORT !!! We all owe our most basic freedoms to your bravery
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

A warm heart-felt THANK YOU to ALL the veterans that have fought for our freedom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast