Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: We've been named in recent reality research study

We've been named in recent reality research study

I'm never ashamed to toot our own horn, and I want to say how happy I am with the staff, members, and visitors to our site. This report was released on Friday:

REALITY TV SHOWS DRIVE TRAFFIC TO THE WEB FOR A MULTIMEDIA EXPERIENCE

-- Loyal Viewing Audience is Prime Candidate for Online Marketing Efforts --

REDWOOD CITY, CA -- November 5, 2003 -- Reality TV shows are not only attracting viewers to their television sets but are driving them to the Web as well, according to independent research conducted by Feedback Research (www.feedbackresearch.com), a division of Claria Corporation, the leader in online behavioral marketing.

Feedback Research analyzed the actual online traffic of Claria's GAIN Network, which includes 38 million users to obtain insight into the most popular Reality TV shows and consumers correlating Web habits. The research group conducted an online survey asking participants about their interest in Reality TV shows such as "Survivor", "Paradise Hotel" and "Extreme Makeover", and also monitored user traffic on top Reality TV-related Web sites from Sept. 10 to Oct. 3, 2003.

What Reality TV Shows are the Hottest

The most popular Reality TV shows at the time of the survey were:

"Survivor" (37%)
    "Paradise Hotel" (23%)
    "Trading Spaces" (14%)
    "Extreme Makeover" (8%)
    "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" (7%)

In addition, "Survivor" was the top-performing Website with 37 % unique visits during the analyzed timeframe (99,618 unique visits) and it's the one most participants expect to air the longest.

Where to Reach Reality TV Viewers on the Web

Results also indicated that Reality TV viewers preferred official Web sites such as "Survivor's" page on CBS.com (www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7) or "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's" page on Bravotv.com (www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy), with 77% of all Reality TV site traffic. Of the independent Web sites that include information on multiple Reality shows, Fans of Reality TV (www.fansofrealitytv.com) and Real TV Planet (www.realtvplanet.com) were the top performing sites with 60% and 30% of total reality TV Web site traffic, respectively.

When to Reach Reality TV Viewers on the Web

For marketers interested in leveraging this active group of consumers, the best time to reach them is right after work before the shows begin, since 78% of all traffic for the top five shows was generated from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Reality TV sites were most visited on Wednesdays and Thursdays, with more than 43% of traffic visiting on those days. Thursday was the most popular with 29% of that traffic.

Alternative times to reach these consumers are between the hours of 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., with 31% of participants hitting sites during that time, and between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. for 19% of respondents.
    http://www.feedbackresearch.com/pres.../fr031105.html

We are now, officially, the largest reality TV website out there, with 60% of the market share.

us!

Leo
    Premium Member
    60%?

I knew FORT would be popular, but 60%? Wow.

Great news for the FORT.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Yay! I fully believe that John and the mods keep this site a great place to be - hats off to you guys!!!

Congrats on 60% WOW!

Wow, John, that's great. I thinks it's a great accomplishment with all of the sites out there, not to mention that FORT is still a young site! You are offically Master John!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Oh yeah. 60%. Go us. w00t, yall.

60%
    Excellent!

We assimilate visitors like the borg, that's why. You come here once, and you don't leave!

Congrats to John and all the mods!!!

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Congrats and you know you all (John, mods, writers, and of course members) have deserved that 60% share

It all starts with a well organized, modified and easy to navigate site, and leads up to interesting discussions, one just must return to read more
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Hug me!
    nice
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    We assimilate visitors like the borg, that's why. You come here once, and you don't leave!
    I love that comment.

Congratulations to all! Everyone (Members, Writers, Mods, and Lurkers-don't be afraid to join ) makes this site the success that it is.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast