+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its early but plans needed to trim the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky

Boats would make a great idea. How about fish? LOL

Hey, that's not a bad idea. My daughter loves fish. She also loves cats. I could buy some of those cheap cat toys and some cat ornaments...hmm... This Christmas might be a lot of fund
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    No I'm not mean and crooked! but thanks!!!

I think they do have little tiny toy story ornaments and I love putting great big toys on my tree.

I collect the Mark Roberts Fairies and they are great to stuff in the tree. You could do lots of little ornaments then arrange regular size toys from the movie through out the tree!

Oh fish.. finding nemo perhaps????? a little underwater tree w/green and blue lights.. oh and little mermaid of course!

Gosh, I love the little tea set idea. You can find plastic ones for next to nothing in a store like BigLots.

I like to take pictures from the year and make them into ornaments. We get little frames from the craft store and let my daughter paint them. It's a nice way to remember what your child looked like that year.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    it looks neat too if you can get little decorative glass marbles in the shades of the cup accents and fill the cups w/them they will reflect the lights..

I love reading all the great ideas in this thread.

Firegirl, the pink tree sounds precious!

FORT Fogey
    Thanks! We found some cute decorations for it tonight.. I found pink and pearl icicles (sp) and she always get's a little ballerina ornament of some kind so that will just add to it!

We usually try to make a craft for the tree (the real one) and this year we are getting some of the great scrap book paper they have out and making little cones and pasting buttons and other little things on the seams then tying cute ribbon to make it a basket cone. Then we are filling them w/some of those minature ornaments so it looks like toys filling the cones. Candy and other stuff too,, then hanging them on the tree... fun fun..

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    I always do Christmas decorating with my mom. Every year it's a different theme.

My favourite so far (last year's): Japanese paper cranes (representing peace, longevity, and happiness) handmade from origami paper in various oriental designs, pierced through with needle and strung up with gold string. Complemented by miniature paper lantern lights in Christmas colours. Finished off with small jasmine incense cones (cones - not sticks!), upon which we applied a bit of superglue at the tips and then attached them to silver string to be hung as ornaments.

This one took a little time (100 paper cranes and 50 incense cones, anyone? ), but it was definitely worth it. A different and meaningful, but rather understated look. Plus, the jasmine cones definitely added a sort of exotic top note to the natural pine smell

I really like the whole East Meets West thang.
    Wow, great idea! Mind if I use it?

We do our tree in a color theme of blue and red, with clear lights. Each year, my step-mom gets my wife a special Christmas ornament, with the year on it, and each one is different and extremely detailed. She's got 6 or 7 now, and they set off the blue and red pretty neatly.

We switched from a real tree to a fake tree about 3 years ago. I swore I'd never have a fake tree in my house, but dang if it isn't SO much easier, and we spent some change on a nice-looking fake.

FORT Fogey
    But it's the smell John!! Not the look!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    But it's the smell John!! Not the look!!!
    There are actually some very nice sprays for that. Also, I remember there are scents that you can put a dap/drop on a light bulb and the heat spreads the holiday smell (apples and cinnamon, pine, etc.).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast