+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its early but plans needed to trim the tree

I always do Christmas decorating with my mom. Every year it's a different theme.

My favourite so far (last year's): Japanese paper cranes (representing peace, longevity, and happiness) handmade from origami paper in various oriental designs, pierced through with needle and strung up with gold string. Complemented by miniature paper lantern lights in Christmas colours. Finished off with small jasmine incense cones (cones - not sticks!), upon which we applied a bit of superglue at the tips and then attached them to silver string to be hung as ornaments.

This one took a little time (100 paper cranes and 50 incense cones, anyone? ), but it was definitely worth it. A different and meaningful, but rather understated look. Plus, the jasmine cones definitely added a sort of exotic top note to the natural pine smell

I really like the whole East Meets West thang.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecka
    That pink tree sounds SOOOOO cute. I have a little boy so I'm IMing all my friends with girls to tell them about it. Hmmmm wonder if I could do something like this for my little boy's room.... hmmmmm he's four (well will be on Monday). hmmmm... Brainstorming.

Does he like boats? I did one for a little boy that collected boats and we used a piece of blue organza at the bottom for the water. We decorated it with seashells, and little boats and put a sailor cap on top. It was really cute.
    I just saw your little boys age...he's probably too little for that. you could always use his stuffed animals or baseball hats to decorate with

pinkie parrot-My mom always let my sister and I have a tree of our own in our room (then when we got separate rooms we each got one). She would buy us an ornament or two every year. By the time we moved out, we each had our own collection. It was really cool to be able to put up ornaments that were actually meaningful my first year I lived away from home. Your family has the right idea!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Jecka, you could also do a cowboy theme and have a big tin deputy star on the top... W/bandanna garland and other cute little ornaments.

Ohhh and a little faux pony material skirt!! How cute would that be?

FORT Fogey
    Every year since my daughter was born I have gotten her a lamb ornament. I also just get one for her in general and I figure by the time she is grown she will have a collection of ornaments.

I ramble...
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Jecka, you could also do a cowboy theme and have a big tin deputy star on the top... W/bandanna garland and other cute little ornaments.

Ohhh and a little faux pony material skirt!! How cute would that be?

I LOVE that idea! Especially if I can get him to be Woody from Toy Story next year for Halloween and get him more into it. I had a costume this year but he refused to be Woody.

He really likes trains. I could do train ornaments and run one of his train sets around the bottom... hmmm have to think more and watch the sales LOL!

Love ya
    Jecka : )

Great ideas! I'm thinking I want tea cups and tea pots (mini ones) on my tree. Anyone know where I could find some?

I guess if I wanted to carry the "tea" theme out I could hang tea bags on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaky
    Great ideas! I'm thinking I want tea cups and tea pots (mini ones) on my tree. Anyone know where I could find some?

I guess if I wanted to carry the "tea" theme out I could hang tea bags on it too.

That sounds pretty and Victorian to me. Maybe you can find somethng at a toy store. Good luck and please post the picture once your tree is done.

FORT Fogey
    Kaky- there are lots of little mini tea sets out there at the toy stores and they aren't very expensive. It would be really cute to mix in some glass blown alice in wonderland ornaments ( mad hatters teaparty) too. I am always picking up little tea sets for my daughter and flea markets and antique stores always have stray mismatched tea cups for nothing. You could do little tea cookies as ornaments too! Put a little doll at a tiny table and chairs underneath having a tea party???

Jecka.. the trains would be precious!!! Just think of all the cute stuff you could do!! Use ticking or engineer stripe fabric Many train ornaments! That would be soooo cute!

OK Firegirl, fess up.. You're really Martha Stewart using Firegirl as a screen name. Right?.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Okie, VIctorian I'm not. No lacy doilies for me. I do love antiques though.

I just remembered I had a box of doll tea cups from my Grandmother. I think I'll go in hunt of those and use those as the main pieces.

Love the other ideas. WIsh I could have a whole tree from Toy Story toys. Love woody! I adore the slinky wienerdog (have a few real ones and do have a toy slinky dog too!)

Boats would make a great idea. How about fish? LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast