+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! how do I make jpeg small

FORT Regular

HELP! how do I make jpeg small

My home computer is in self destruct mode.... We were able to get access (finally) to my files and am trying to shrink my jpegs (family pictures) so that I can either e-mail them to myself at work (without taking all night) or put them on a floppy. We aren't able to burn them onto a CD becuase that program is missing some file and we can't load anything onto the computer.

I'm really desparate as these are all family pictures. The kicker is I was about to put them all on a CD this weekend but my computer decided to start self destructing on the weekend.

If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know. I will be eternally grateful.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Quote Originally Posted by bookaddict
    My home computer is in self destruct mode.... We were able to get access (finally) to my files and am trying to shrink my jpegs (family pictures) so that I can either e-mail them to myself at work (without taking all night) or put them on a floppy. We aren't able to burn them onto a CD becuase that program is missing some file and we can't load anything onto the computer.

I'm really desparate as these are all family pictures. The kicker is I was about to put them all on a CD this weekend but my computer decided to start self destructing on the weekend.

If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know. I will be eternally grateful.
    If you have Adobe Photoshop you can go to the Image dropdown and choose resize.

There are many other photo editors out there, so I'm sure there are others here at the FORT who have some other suggestions.

Good Luck
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

FORT Regular
    I do have Adobe, and will try that. I just don't know what other programs are affected so will still appreciate everyone's ideas.

Actually think I'm going to leave work early to go home and try all the suggestions I'm hoping I'll get.

Thanks
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Leo
    Premium Member
    I did a little searching for you and here's what I found: first, download StripFile. That may help without losing any quality in your photos.

Next you can use a utility to resize the photos. There's a free utility called Photo Resizer (click here to download) which will do exactly what you need to. There's also a somewhat more powerful version, Photo Resizer Pro, but that one costs ten dollars.

+ Reply to Thread