+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What places do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Tracylee, The hubby and I are going to orgeon in a couple of months...Does this D-sands have a web site? Ive never been to Oregon before....
    Here ya go: D'Sands .

There's a great restaurant just to the North within walking distance, Kyllo's. Great beach walking right there. Outlet shops just up the street. Not far from Newport, where I definitely recommend the Oregon Coast Aquarium , where Keiko of Free Willy fame used to be. They've changed his old tank into a huge three-part aquarium, with a clear tube that visitors walk through with a 360 degree view! 3 different habitats. It's really cool.

Let me know before you come, and I'll see if I can scare you up some tickets to the aquarium if you're interested. I'm a member there.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I lived in Hawaii in jr high and part of hs ( airforce brat) but we lived on Oahu and I would never want to live there! But I absolutely can't get enough of the other islands.
    All of our friends live in Maui, so that's actually where we would probably move.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My favorite is definitely the greek islands for a relaxed vacation. I used to go there with my family when I still lived at home (meaning both Denmark and at my parrents house). I love New York and Berlin, I have spent too little time in London to really get a feel for the place, but I'm sure that it would grow on me given the opportunity. I like DC also, because of all the museums. My alltime favorite city is Copenhagen, but it's my home town, so that doesn't really count. I spend every Christmas in Denmark, but that's where my family is. I can't wait to go home this year.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Tracylee, your awesome! I let you know when we go... WHoo hoo
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Las Vegas baby!!!! Fun, relaxing, cheap (well...CAN be done pretty cheap...), lotsa yummy food ... I love Vegas

For a longer vacations:

Copenhagen, Denmark ~ Like one of the above posters I'm originally a Scandinavian, although from Norway, but I absolutely LOVE Copenhagen....

(And while you're there take the cruise ship over to Oslo, Norway.... just make sure you go during the summer.... :-))

York, England ~ Beautiful & so full of interesting history

Salsburg, Austria .... ahh.... *gets dreamy eyed* Gorgeous, pictoresque and just as pretty as it looks on all those scenes from Sound of Music

Hmm....lotsa other places... Me & hubby euro railed for a month, it's definitely a good way to vacation, just hop on the train in one city & hop off wherever you like along the route. Dang,...now I wanna go on vacation
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Wyndemere, I almost took a vacation to Norway. It was after my second trip down to Antarctica. But... I opted for a trip to Atlanta Georgia and learne dhow to drive a Winston Cup stock car at the buck baker driving school. had the pleasure of having buddy baker drive me around, a memory I still have and enjoy 10 years later.

FORT Fogey
    I have a few, but I'm sure they're nothing you're interested in...

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ohhh I forgot, Postcard Inn in Big Sur and Ventana in Big Sur absolutely breathtaking
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

In Downtown Fort Worth, Texas there is a B&B called Etta's Place. My husband and I went there for our 5th wedding anniversary. We stayed in Butch's Hideout. It was really nice. I would definately recommend it for anyone who has to go to FW for business for a couple of nights. They had a kitchen outfitted with all the utensils needed to cook your own meal. We were just happy to have a fridge to store our corner bakery goodies in overnight. We have a very modest budget and that weekend was a splurge for us, but I imagine it is pretty reasonable for most. Our anniversary is around Christmas time and all of downtown FW was decorated for the holiday. We had fun shopping at sundance square and enjoying the galleries and restaraunts. The Bass Performance Hall was walking distance as was the yummy two story Barnes and Noble. Right around the corner was a really fun movie theater. There is just so much to do in FW that we did not get to see all we wanted. We will have to go back sometime. Etta's Place would also be a great place to hold a party. Everything there was simply beautiful.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Fort Worth! :d :d :d

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123