+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What places do you recommend?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I would love to go to Banff Castle up in Canada. that area looked so wonderful and a great place to visit for a week.

FORT Fogey
    Ohhhh and if your ever in England go to "the Watchers House" in Polpero on the west coast! What an amazing place!

We had an amazing honeymoon in Tahiti, and Moorea, French Polynesia. We stayed in one of those overwater bungalows, with a clear glass coffee table where you can see through the glass into the ocean below with millions of multicolored fish, and a verandah that you can literally dive off of. It was truly paradise, and the people there are so incredibly friendly and spirited.

Our first anniversary, we stayed at the Grand Wailea in Maui. Wow, what a beautiful hotel. Hawaiian beaches are already amazing, but the pools at this hotel are an attraction that people from all over come to enjoy.

If you're in the mood for a different kind of island experience, we also went on a great bed-and-breakfast driving tour through Ireland. It was fun to stay at cute, quaint little places, run by sweet old ladies that pinch your cheeks and make you tea like you're a long lost grandchild. We also enjoyed the gorgeous countryside, awe-inspiring castles, and going to pubs to down pints with all the side-splittingly funny and charismatic locals.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Ohh snowy Tahiti sounds great! I just love hawaii and all the hotels there.. if you could only go back to one ( sentiment aside) which would you choose? Hawaii or Tahiti?

If you ever come out to Monterey, CA, there's a state park you can stay at for much more reasonable rates than any hotel in the area. It's called Asilomar, and it's perched on the cliffs of Pacific Grove, the southern tip of Monterey Bay. It's a historic property; the buildings were designed by Julia Morgan (who did Hearst Castle) with lovely views, hardwood floors and fireplaces. The property goes on for a ways and they rent bikes for getting around. It's so beautiful and peaceful.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Hepcat, I know exactly where your talking about. Ive never stayed there, but I ve seen it...Fab!!!!

SFG...Grand Wailea...AWESOME!!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Ohh snowy Tahiti sounds great! I just love hawaii and all the hotels there.. if you could only go back to one ( sentiment aside) which would you choose? Hawaii or Tahiti?
    Oh gosh, FG, that's a tough question. I think I would have to say Tahiti, though, just because the land and sea is still comparatively unspoiled. It's not as developed as Hawaii, definitely not as touristy, and has bar none the clearest water I've ever seen (and I've also travelled through the Caribbean). The Polynesian locals (especially in Moorea) invite you into their homes like you are a long-lost relative. Like the guy who did my tattoo, who was so modest that he was actually refusing pay from me for doing it! Even on the plane over, a nice family from Papeete invited my husband fishing. Being in Tahiti/French Polynesia felt like every dream of paradise I could have imagined.

I also love Hawaii, too, and to be honest we have a number of very good friends who live there and love it. All came from big city life, and my husband and I are actually thinking when it's time to retire we may very well move out there too. It's something we've been very seriously considering.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    I love Monterey- its so peaceful and beautiful! We go down there all the time to the Bay Aquarium for field trips.

Places I loved- The US Virgin Islands.. BEAUTIFUL!

If you're going to Hawaii with young kids, there was this great hotel called Kona Village. It has a TON of activities for kids and adults. Kids can participate in a fishing contest while the parents learn to husk a coconut and make leis. The people who do the activites with kids really get to know them. A few of them even remembered my name and made me a shell necklace. I still have it.

Switzerland was fun- we went to the top of the mountain YungFrau or something like that so that was fun. I also really really like the atmosphere there because you can like walk around the streets and go shopping. Good times.

FORT Fogey
    I lived in Hawaii in jr high and part of hs ( airforce brat) but we lived on Oahu and I would never want to live there! But I absolutely can't get enough of the other islands.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    I lived in Hawaii in jr high and part of hs ( airforce brat) but we lived on Oahu and I would never want to live there! But I absolutely can't get enough of the other islands.
    My cousin's husband was in the Air Force and they were in Oahu too. Maybe thats why she didn't like it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast