+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Monday Morning Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Duxxy, that makes me so sad.

What would have happened if you made plans to go out that evening? I can't believe someone would say something so horribly insensitive.

Glad you'll no longer have to deal with her.
    Miss F, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while now...um, can I marry your avatar?

Just for smellygirl

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    realitycrazmom, I understand your ranting and it is valid to everyone that I know. I'm glad that you said something to that stupid b*tch who just should have stayed home. to you and I'm glad that you also got a refund.
    Thanks eldee! I had to stand up in the middle of The Bourne Identity and tell everyone that if the phones and chit-chat didn't stop immediately, someone was going to owe me $40 bucks for the movie and babysitter. They actually applauded me! (My husband nearly died of embarrassment.)

Duxxy, When my daughter was in daycare, the daycare had a policy that a fine would be imposed when the parent was late to pick up their child. A certain amount ($5 or $10) was added to the next month's bill for every half hour or 15 min. that the parent was late. Maybe thats something that you can start

I agree. This same thing happens when I pick my son up from preschool. $10 fee for the first 10 minutes late and then it jumps to $20 for the next 10 minutes. Hit them in the pocketbook, it gets them every time!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Thank you all for the support it's really fantastic.
    Funnygirl, I'm sure your childminder appreciated your call if you were going to be late, or having someone else to pick up the kids (a godsend) Thank you from all of us!
    This is where my problem lies: because I'm licensed I can take government-subsidized families. That means they don't pay for daycare the province does. While some of them really appreciate that this is the only way they would be able to go out and work, there are many who take advantage. (this may sound like an unfair blanket statement but I have the experience to qualify it) I have had parents show up late after having done the grocery shopping ( I take mine, why can't you take your's?) or clothes shopping, we even had one case where the supervisor of the program had to go out with a social worker to find mom at Bingo because she wasn't at work (where she was supposed to be) her child was deathly ill and they needed to find her.
    Living in Northern Ontario we have to understand things like traffic, cars not starting and so on.. and really I do understand that sometimes things happen that are beyond your control. If the parent isnt late on a regular basis it really is no bother to me. I guess I'm bitching because this parent breezes in when ever she feels like it, no apology, no excuse me, not even an F.U. and just
    feels she's ENTITLED. :rolleyes.
    ok I'm done now LOL.. and she actually picked up on time today woot woot!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    I agree. This same thing happens when I pick my son up from preschool. $10 fee for the first 10 minutes late and then it jumps to $20 for the next 10 minutes. Hit them in the pocketbook, it gets them every time!
    I'm all for that!! If it happened just ONCE I know it would probably cure the problem, as the subsidy agency won't cover late charges. The problem is the agency that I have my license under doesn't believe in late charges. I think I am going to have to institue my own policies after 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by realitycrazmom
    I had to stand up in the middle of The Bourne Identity and tell everyone that if the phones and chit-chat didn't stop immediately, someone was going to owe me $40 bucks for the movie and babysitter. They actually applauded me! (My husband nearly died of embarrassment.)
    I would have applauded you too!! in fact .. you go girl!
    Last edited by Duxxy; 11-12-2003 at 05:41 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot

After all of my bitching and moaning yesterday I thought I would share something a little more upbeat.
    We are in the middle of a winter storm at this moment (like alot of you) with very high winds. Apparently a piece of our vinyl siding blew off the side of our house and landed in our yard.
    I only know this because my elderly neighbour (we share a back fence) got himself dressed and ventured out in the cold to come into my yard, knock on my door and give my my siding back. He said I didn't want you to lose this, its really hard to match and replace. How nice was that??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345