+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monday Morning Rant

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    OOOH! A rant thread! Me likey!

I have a doozy of a rant to make, but one queston first.

Since it is Tuesday, and the thread is titled "Monday Morning Rant" can we still rant? Or do we have to wait until next Monday?
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Leo
    Premium Member
    Hell, it's already Wednesday over here. Ranting is ranting - carry on.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I am a stay-at-home mom that looks forward to my date nights with my husband. I love going to movies and before the kids, we would go 2-3 times a week. Now we get out every other week, so I truly value these outings.

My rant:
    People and their friggin' cell phones and small children in the movie theater!

We went and saw Matrix: Revolutions and I swear it looked like a disco in the theater with all of these flashing, brightly lit with obnoxious ring tones going off every second. I can appreciate the theaters trying to be nice with cutesy ads, but I want something a bit more violent to get the point across. The couple (2 people) next to us had 3 phones!!!! And they all rang! I leaned forward in my seat and just glared at them until I got their attention. The woman put her hand over the phone and asked me, "Is there a problem?" I said, "Yes your having 3 cell phones amongst only 2 people in a movie theater!" She then turned back to the phone and told the person on the other end, "I gotta go, some bitch is mad at me for talking."

To add to my irritation, there was a family there with 4 small children. (An R-rated movie at a 9:00 show on a Thursday night, what the...?) They were sitting at the very top of the theater and had a colicky newborn in a stroller, so every time the baby cried, they would drag this stroller up and down the stairs. Now, the husband wasn't moving, so the wife was doing all of the toting, and the second little one had to follow along, or he'd cry too. The two older ones (about 6 and 7) were fighting over their treats. As we were exiting, a woman told the husband he should find a babysitter next time. The man gave her a dirty look and told her to f-off under his breath.

Nice, huh?

I complained to the manager and got a refund. I can rent 2 movies at Blockbuster for the cost of one ticket.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

realitycrazmom, I understand your ranting and it is valid to everyone that I know. I'm glad that you said something to that stupid b*tch who just should have stayed home. to you and I'm glad that you also got a refund.

FORT Newbie
    Hi guys!
    My rant is that it is Wednesday but it feels like a Monday....
    and everything is happening today like on Mondays! What is going on????
    I slept in...late for work ...forgot my lunch...didnt eat breakfast...
    Good thing theres always coffee!

Coffee is what keeps me alive smellygirl.

btw!
    Who shot who in the what now?

oh gawd now I can't get "Smelly Cat" out of my head LOL

Smellygirl

My rant: People who take advantage of other people.
    I have a licensed daycare in my home, I have 5 separate sets of parents that I have to deal with daily. 2 of these 'sets' are consistantly late to pick up their children. These people seem to think that since I work at home that I must not have anything else to do.
    This one time a parent picked up an hour late. When I told her that she needed to call, it was way past her regular pick up time She said "what's the big deal? you're getting paid and you're at home anyway" ( gave her notice of withdrawal the next day) I'm tired of being taken advantage of. I'm also quite pissy about people thinking my job (and its a real job) is 'less than' or just not as important as what they do, because I work in the comfort of my own home - (which has to be cleaned several times a day, after their little darlings)
    I think I need a t-shirt that says:"without me, you wouldn't be able to go to work"
    Inconsiderate bastards. bleah
    ok /endrantnow
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Hey Dux, I can honestly say one of my biggest issues on any given work day is that I pick up the kids on time. Whether it's from daycare, babysitter, Boys and Girls Club, Soccer practice, etc. The way I explain to those people who will sometimes complain when I call them to pick up one of my kids by 6:00 because I'm stuck on a commuter train is that "how do you feel when it's toward the end of the day at your work and your boss comes out and says 'I need you to stay late tonight'. Especially on a Monday or Friday. You get pissed because you're tired, you have things to do, you miss your family, you just want to relax, whatever. I never assume anybody who is doing me the enormous task of taking care of my babies so I can persue a career in my chosen field owes me anything because they happen to be on my payroll. Ask them what would happen if they showed up for work an hour late without calling? Chances are they would be "warned" reprimanded or in some cases even fired.

You go ahead and rant all you want. These people need to be kicked in the butt! An avid support of DUXXY and her profession... I'm sure you are drastically underpaid!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    oh gawd now I can't get "Smelly Cat" out of my head LOL

Smellygirl

I have a licensed daycare in my home, I have 5 separate sets of parents that I have to deal with daily. 2 of these 'sets' are consistantly late to pick up their children. These people seem to think that since I work at home that I must not have anything else to do.
    This one time a parent picked up an hour late. When I told her that she needed to call, it was way past her regular pick up time She said "what's the big deal? you're getting paid and you're at home anyway" ( gave her notice of withdrawal the next day) I'm tired of being taken advantage of. I'm also quite pissy about people thinking my job (and its a real job) is 'less than' or just not as important as what they do, because I work in the comfort of my own home - (which has to be cleaned several times a day, after their little darlings)
    I think I need a t-shirt that says:"without me, you wouldn't be able to go to work"
    Inconsiderate bastards. bleah
    ok /endrantnow

Duxxy, When my daughter was in daycare, the daycare had a policy that a fine would be imposed when the parent was late to pick up their child. A certain amount ($5 or $10) was added to the next month's bill for every half hour or 15 min. that the parent was late. Maybe thats something that you can start
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Duxxy, that makes me so sad.

What would have happened if you made plans to go out that evening? I can't believe someone would say something so horribly insensitive.

Glad you'll no longer have to deal with her.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast