+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monday Morning Rant

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Ranting? You want ranting? Try talking to a 14 year old girl. Yeah, we've got a lot to complain about. For starters, for some odd reason, my best friend has been ditching me lately for more outgoing people. I haven't seen her family since graduation (June 14) I used to be over there every single frickin day. Her mom recently tore her rotator somethings and had to go to the hospital to get surgery.. Guess who I heard it from? Another one of my friends who said," Isn't it horrible how her moms in the hospital?" That frickin scared the crap out of me to hear that she was in the hospital.
    And don't get me started on the girls who used to beperfectly nice, and then turned into complete and total sluts. Yeah, you should seee what they wear. Oh and then, one of my other good friends has been having problems with her love life or whatever, and Im ALWAYS the last one to hear about it. Always. Without fail. I have to ask other people to explain it all for me.
    Anyways, those are my problems. I could go on, but you don't want to hear it all.
    Another thing to rant about, its supposed to rain this friday, the day of our football game against our rivals. And who wants to go sit in the rain just to watch football? But then again, its the greatest game of the year. UGH!
    yup... that's high school for ya!
    it can be a pain in the ass sometimes.. but it can be lots of fun too.. depends what you make of it!

you harsh notice the clothing thing EVERY year... the new batch of grade 8's come in.. they're all so innocent looking at first... and then by the end of the year at LEAST 50% of the girls have been sluttified 100%

in my grade 12 year, I remember the new batch of grade 8's.. some already came pre-sluttified.. they're turning younger and younger

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Oh man don't even get me started on a rant.

Just yesterday morning while I was sitting in the breakfast room reading the paper, one of my servants came in and she had the nerve of serving my coffee with three sugars instead of two!! I distinctly told her when I hired her I wanted my coffee with two sugars! What the hell is that?

Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Pinkie, highschool is a prooving ground, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Sometimes the people you were closest to are the ones you have to leave behind.
    My best friend from grade 8 and i parted ways in about grade 10. I was heartbroken. Looking back now I'm SO glad it happened.
    She and I took vastly different paths.
    I am a full time mom, very happily married (first and only husband) self employed and lovin' every minute of it. Married at 27, tattoo at 28 (an indulgence) baby at 29.
    My former friend changed her name (to Raven :rolleyes ), moved to Toronto, had a baby all before she was 18. I saw her not too long ago. She's looking thin and sickly, her body is covered with tattoos, she is no longer stripping (she couldn't make enough money) she is working at a hairdresser's and she has a 13 year old son. She is FINALLY getting her life on track but its been a long road.
    Sometimes I wonder if we had stayed close friends, would I have rubbed off on her? Or would she have rubbed off on me? I am very satisfied with the way things turned out and I feel sorry for her that her life has been harder - but she made poor choices.
    For a young woman you seem to have both feet on the ground, follow your own path, there are others just like you. Highschool is the best and worst of times, but its so diverse that you can find a new crew to hang out with that is more in line with your own path in life.
    Sorry to ramble on.. peer pressure, even indirectly (the slutty clothes) really pisses me off.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Pinkie, highschool is a prooving ground, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Sometimes the people you were closest to are the ones you have to leave behind.
    My best friend from grade 8 and i parted ways in about grade 10. I was heartbroken. Looking back now I'm SO glad it happened.
    She and I took vastly different paths.
    I am a full time mom, very happily married (first and only husband) self employed and lovin' every minute of it. Married at 27, tattoo at 28 (an indulgence) baby at 29.
    My former friend changed her name (to Raven :rolleyes ), moved to Toronto, had a baby all before she was 18. I saw her not too long ago. She's looking thin and sickly, her body is covered with tattoos, she is no longer stripping (she couldn't make enough money) she is working at a hairdresser's and she has a 13 year old son. She is FINALLY getting her life on track but its been a long road.
    Sometimes I wonder if we had stayed close friends, would I have rubbed off on her? Or would she have rubbed off on me? I am very satisfied with the way things turned out and I feel sorry for her that her life has been harder - but she made poor choices.
    For a young woman you seem to have both feet on the ground, follow your own path, there are others just like you. Highschool is the best and worst of times, but its so diverse that you can find a new crew to hang out with that is more in line with your own path in life.
    Sorry to ramble on.. peer pressure, even indirectly (the slutty clothes) really pisses me off.
    very well said!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Wow Duxxy- thats given me something to think about.

Well, so yesterday, I had to wake up at six for an 8 oclock away soccer game. So yeah I'm pretty mad about that, but I get over it. I figure, "Oh Ill just sleep in on sunday, right?" hahaha no. 5:30 this morning, HUGEEEEEEEEE thunderstorm. Like thunder was rattling the house and went on for like 10 seconds. It was crazy. So I've been up since then, and I'm not happy about that. I get veeery grumpy without sleep so..

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Ranting? You want ranting? Try talking to a 14 year old girl. Yeah, we've got a lot to complain about. For starters, for some odd reason, my best friend has been ditching me lately for more outgoing people. I haven't seen her family since graduation (June 14) I used to be over there every single frickin day. Her mom recently tore her rotator somethings and had to go to the hospital to get surgery.. Guess who I heard it from? Another one of my friends who said," Isn't it horrible how her moms in the hospital?" That frickin scared the crap out of me to hear that she was in the hospital.
    And don't get me started on the girls who used to beperfectly nice, and then turned into complete and total sluts. Yeah, you should seee what they wear. Oh and then, one of my other good friends has been having problems with her love life or whatever, and Im ALWAYS the last one to hear about it. Always. Without fail. I have to ask other people to explain it all for me.
    Anyways, those are my problems. I could go on, but you don't want to hear it all.
    Another thing to rant about, its supposed to rain this friday, the day of our football game against our rivals. And who wants to go sit in the rain just to watch football? But then again, its the greatest game of the year. UGH!
    Something like that happened with me last year.

As for sluts? Don't even get me started....

Just one quick little comment...

I hate school. I hate my classes. I hate my dumb, ditzy algebra teacher. I hate history...my grade is low as ever. I know nothing about anything I was just tested on. I got a nice 74 on the multiple choice...my grades lowering...I really do try though. The AP test questions are just impossible. No matter how much I think I know...I don't know anything, it turns out. Ahhhh! I hate junior year!

That sucks Mike.

It's so frustrating when you work as hard as you can on something and you still find new ways to fail.

For what it's worth, it will pass. Keep working hard and doing everything right and you'll catch a break.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Or breaks your spirit. I am thankful every single day of my life that I'm not a teenager anymore. Being an adult is much more fun. If you survive high school life will only get better.

Thnaks, Miss F.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast