+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On my day off...the weather changed!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

On my day off...the weather changed!!

well I got today off as we celebrate the day Nevada joined the union. we should celebrate on april fools day too since the founding fathers of the state gave 87% of the land to the goverment as a bribe to accept us into the union. like we couldn't just hold out the gold and silver and give it to the south...this was during the civil war time.

So I wake up to a nice 2" layer of snow on the ground and hear about a 10 semi truck wreck just west of reno on highway 80. right by the Donner party memorial. so if they got hungry while waiting for the highway to be cleaned up, they could have gone over and had some finger food sandwichs to eat.

I got to relay the carpet I had to tear up which got soaked and the pad underneath had to be dried out after I found the water heater sprung a leak last week and I had to change it out last saturday. If anything that proved that my belly had healed, was when I struggled that heater out of the house and got the new one in. the old one didn't want to drain too good so it was just a bit heavy. like John is just a bit tall!

I re-racked the wine that I'm brewing up and am getting ready for the trick or treaters to arrive tonight. I do enjoy handing out candy to the little kids, thats who halloween is really for, unless mom comes along in that I dream of Jeannie outfit . Also got to start to cook a roast for tonight.

and will try to end the evening listening to art bell and the ghost to ghost program tonight. always a chicken skin moment of my life.!!! we have a few holidays coming up. so lets hear from you all out there as they go by.
    Last edited by joeguy; 10-31-2003 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    .......I do enjoy handing out candy to the little kids, thats who halloween is really for, unless mom comes along in that I dream of Jeannie outfit . ......
    I'm hoping you mean someone else's mom!
    It's beautiful weather here today and will be better tomorrow.

Enjoy your Halloween and maybe some of the kid's mom's will have on a hot outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I'm hoping you mean someone else's mom!
    yes I was!!!!

Unless I'm from the back hills of west virginia!

Oh-oh. If anyone throws any moonshine at you, I'll protect you!!!

Joeguy, I heard about the same accident on the other side of Hwy 80. I'm in the Bay Area. Yeah, what a mess. Last Tuesday it was roasting! Today they had 5" of hail on the Marin side of the golden gate bridge.

Next I expect the locusts and then it should be raining frogs...it's the end of the world, right?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Joeguy, I heard about the same accident on the other side of Hwy 80. I'm in the Bay Area. Yeah, what a mess. Last Tuesday it was roasting! Today they had 5" of hail on the Marin side of the golden gate bridge.

Next I expect the locusts and then it should be raining frogs...it's the end of the world, right?
    yeah, we had temps in the 70s until thursday then that front came through. tore us up. had barely any kids last night. first year I had candy left over from halloween. plus woke up to 16 degrees this morning.

if it is the end of the world, then I'm running my credit debt up. left them chase me when I'm gone.....

+ Reply to Thread