+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Condiment

FORT Fogey
    BBQ Sauce

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    I'm going to go with blue cheese salad dressing. It's great on beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables...oh, and every once in a while I actually use it on salads.
    OMG!!! REALLY????!!! When I accidentally tried it, I hated it.

Maybe you picked out a bad one SurvivorGirl. There are more bad blue cheese dressings on the market than good ones. I have only found 2 that I really like, and they are kind of hard to come by. I usually end up making my own.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Hmmm I love Bleu Cheese Dressing..also Balsamic Vinagerette. I can'T live without Malt Vinegar and A1 sauce. YUMMY!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I personally don't have one condiment for everything but Ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and Teriyaki sauce are favorites. My husband loves ketchup, ranch, and most recently French's honey mustard.

I have an uncle that uses mayo on everything..grits, eggs, burgers, fries, it doesn't matter he wants is on everything.

FORT Fan
    Ranch dressing on everything. If it doesn't taste good with Ranch, it's not worth eating.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Ketsup
    i put it on almost everything

Rum. Everything tastes better with rum in it.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Rum. Everything tastes better with rum in it.

I remember when I went to Italy after my highschool graduation with a group of kids from my school (funny, looking back on it I call us kids!). Anyway, we were chaperoned by an absolute tee-totaler World History teacher who freaked out when our first night there we all decided to get ice cream for dessert, not realizing it's apparently an Italian tradition to top off the ice cream with rum! We all ate it anyway, but I'll never forget her face when she realized she'd just popped a big ol' spoon of rum and ice cream in her mouth!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Yes...time for a new thread, courtesy of Nausicaa.

I've noticed a disturbing trend in my diet lately. At first I ignored it, because people eat crazy stuff for no apparent reason all the time, and especially poor college students who are either too lazy or too inept (or too drunk ) to cook for themselves. However...

I seem to be developing a HUGE craving for mustard. I've been putting it on just about *everything* (well, excepting dessert ) for the past month or so. And it's not your respectable one little squirt on beef, neither. French fries, pizza, chicken, lumpia rolls, toast, naan bread, potatoes, string beans, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, shallots, pomfret, cod, all kinds of salads, chips, and even - (oh, the horror! The horror!) sticky white rice - by itself... every one of the aforementioned foods (and a few others I've probably neglected) has fallen victim at one time or another to my shameful urges. In fact, some have fallen victim to them, repeatedly.

Aaarrghhh!!! :mad: Lots and lots of mustard. I just slather it on. And not the good Maille Dijon, neither - I'm talking about French's. The only way I could be more disgusting is if I inhaled the essence of mustard through a bong or something.

SO, I want to know if others here at FoRT have suffered (or is suffering) an affliction similar to mine.

Wait, wait - it doesn't even have to be as obsessive as mine is. Just tell me what's your favourite condiment, and what kind of dishes you like to use it on. Sounds good?

Does ketchup/catsup rock your boat? Or maybe it's gravy? Perhaps you prefer sriracha sauce, oyster sauce, or a nice sambal? Maybe it's relish, bonito, or jalapeno sauce? Cracked black peppercorns, garlic flakes, or kosher salt? EVOO, curry powder, BBQ sauce, or wasabi?

Just don't answer mayonnaise, please, please, please.

...unless it's aioli.
    bbq and mayo sorry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast