+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Condiment

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Hot sause -- the hotter, the better. I esapecially like hot chili oil w/garlic. yummmm.
    OOOOOOOOO Jewelsy, I'm in love!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Hot sause -- the hotter, the better. I esapecially like hot chili oil w/garlic. yummmm.
    Mmmm, I love that drizzled over sliced french bread with brie, then run under the broiler.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Horseradish sauce...chicken, steak, pork, sandwiches, I just adore it!!

Closely behind are 1000 Island and Ranch dressings, they pretty much go on everything else from fries to burgers.

wasabi.... Its the mother of all condiments.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    BBQ sauce... that and McD's Big Mac Sauce

wasabi too

Quote Originally Posted by tracylee
    Sounds like you're pregnant!

I get occasional cravings for wasabi, but as for condiments, do cheese or peanut butter count?
    Whoa! Me, pregnant? Not a chance. I'll take stargazer's advice about this, though, and perhaps see a doctor if this craving continues.

But honestly, I think it's just one of those inexplicable things. Three years ago, when I discovered pesto, I drizzled/slathered it over everything I possible could. The reason it doesn't seem as extreme as the mustard craving I'm currently experiencing is probably because back then, I was living at home, and mom was doin' the cookin'. Now, however, I'm the one doing the cooking, so there are no restraints...

Wasabi, yum! But I can't eat it often. Too poor for good sushi, and I don't want to settle for the supermarket kind.

Horseradish sauce? Never tried it. Sounds potent, though.

Hot sauce is delish as well! I have to ask - what kind do people buy? Good ol' chili garlic, jalapeno, habanero (like Savina), hungarian yellow, or even hotter and deadlier ...?

As for whether cheese or p.b is a condiment...depends. Do you put it on your food right before you dig in? As a process separate from the cooking process?

Nobody posted this one yet...so for all the fellow Vietnamese food lovers (and it's neighboring countries)....let me add...........Fish Sauce!!

I had no idea what I was tasting after 357 meals with this included, until I finally asked a server at a local restaurant! Good thing I was hooked!! Tastes kind of like a sweet, salty, vinegar....great for Imperial Eggrolls...

But I'll add that I don't eat it with everything, only with Vietnamese food. And with other condiments? I have never had a "favorite"......does butter count? But even then, I'm boring...I like whatever condiment goes best with whatever food...i.e. ketchup with burgers and fries, mayo with tomato sandwiches or BLT's, butter on my mashed taters...etc. etc.

Nausicaa...who knew condiments would draw such a large crowd here?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Nausicaa - I share your love for cheap, not fancy French's mustard. I don't take it to your extreme, though. It's so good in a cheese & mustard sandwich. I love dipping fries in mustard. Yummmmm.

My hubby is a weird condiment freak. We like to barbeque in the summer, and long ago I told him I wasn't carting it all to the back yard anymore. He has like 25 bottles of varying condiments at any given time - everything from mayo to several varieties of seedy mustards, hot sauces, dressings, and everything in between. And he uses/mixes them all. Blech!

I said this on another thread (but now that I think about it it was in the green room - Premium lounge) he used to eat canned sardines dipped in mayo. But we made a pact - I gave up gum, he gave up this disgusting snack. ::gag::
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I love all sauces !

But I hate wasabe... anyone tasted before ?

Ketchup - For chicken, french fries, burgers

Soy Sauce - For chicken, Steak, baked potatoes, Chinese food, green beans, broccoli...

Ranch Dressing - For President! I could drink it out of the bottle if it weren't so fattening. I wont go to a restaurant that doesn't serve Ranch dressing. Best salad and Ranch dressing in the world: Outback Steakhouse.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast